Skip to main content

I'm worried about my child's mental health

Find information and support to help you and your family cope with emotional wellbeing and mental health issues.

Take a few minutes to tell us what you think about the new Emotional Wellbeing Gateway website that is being developed by clicking on the feedback tab to the right of your screen.

EWB logo

Does your child need urgent help?

If it's not a life threatening emergency call NHS 111 and they will talk you through what happens next.

Charities and organisations that provide information and advice:


If you are a parent needing help, you contact the YoungMinds Parent Helpline on 0808 802 5544 (Mon-Fri from 9:30am to 4pm).

MindEd for Families

MindEd for Families provides practical and evidenced-based advice and guidance to help you support your child. Parents have worked with mental health practitioners and NHS England to develop the information on their website which can be found here -

Local Support Services:

Getting support through the Common Assessment Framework (CAF)

Children, young people and their parents can use the Common Assessment Framework to work with teachers or other professionals to assess and discuss what support would make a difference and enable them to cope. Information on the CAF can be found at

Getting help from the School Nursing - ChatHealth Text Service

Text 07507 333356 for confidential health advice from the school nurse (available Mon-Fri 9.30am to 4.30pm).

Getting help from Wellbeing Suffolk 

Wellbeing suffolk provides free advice and support across Suffolk for people of all ages.

Young people aged 16+ can get help from Wellbeing Suffolk by completing an online referral form, by talking to their GP, or to any other practitioner who is working with them. They can also call the local team on 0300 123 1781.

If you want to get support for your child who is 15 years old or younger the first step would be to talk to your GP or to another practitioner who is working with your family, because they can help you make a referral to the wellbeing service.

Back to top