You may be eligible to receive a funded early education place, if you claim any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit
- Tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
More information on funded childcare for 2 year olds can be found on the My Early Learning website
You may also be eligible based on the following (non-economic) criteria if your child:
- Has left care through Special Guardianship, or through an Adoption, Residence or Child Arrangements Order
- Is a Looked After Child (LAC)
- Has a current statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC)
- Receives Disability Living Allowance.
Take proof to your chosen childcare provider if any of the above applies to your child.
Your child can start receiving funding from the term after their second birthday.
Turns 2 years between: Claim Funding from the beginning of the:
1 January - 31 March Summer Term (April)
1 April - 31 August Autumn Term (September)
1 September - 31 December Spring Term (January)
For more information:
Speak to your current childcare provider (day nursery, pre-school playgroup or childminder). They will check you are eligible and complete an application form with you.
Or phone the Suffolk Family Information Service
- Helpline 0345 60 800 33
- Text 07624 801060 (If you text we will call you back)
- Email email@example.com