Skip to main content

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction

If you're on a low income, whether you're working or not, you may be able to get financial help to pay all or part of your rent or Council Tax. Find out more, including who is eligible and how to claim on the GOV.UK website:

You can get advice on these benefits from your local district or borough council:  

or from Shelter or a Citizens Advice Bureau.


Updated December 2016


Back to top