Skip to main content

Housing related support

If you're homeless, or at risk of losing your home, Suffolk County Council may be able to provide you with housing related support. This can mean help to resolve the problems that are contributing to your housing issues, including:

  • managing your mental or physical health
  • problems with drugs or alcohol
  • difficulties managing a budget or paying your rent or mortgage
  • problems getting or staying in work or education

Support can be provided:

  • in the place you are currently living
  • in supported accommodation if you need somewhere to stay

Just fill out this form. 

Types of support

Support in supported accommodation

There is a range of supported accommodation across Suffolk, including hostels and shared houses.

You might be able to get supported accommodation if you’re:

  • sleeping rough
  • sofa surfing
  • in emergency accommodation
  • have been asked to leave your current accommodation and have nowhere to go

Community support

If you live in Suffolk and are at risk of losing your accommodation, a Community Support worker may be able to help you with things like looking after your home, managing a budget or getting into employment or education



How to access support

You can apply for HRS services via the online HRS Access form.

If you're unable to apply online because of a physical or learning disability, language restriction or because you're unable to access the internet, please call us on 01473 265696 or email

All applications made by referral agencies on behalf of customers must be made through the online form.

Back to top