Connecting Communities can collect you and take you to an appropriate bus route or train link for onward travel, if you find it difficult to get to college, shops, medical appointments or visit friends and family in the county, and there’s no public transport available locally.
Age UK Suffolk have a transport information section, including telephone numbers and links to useful websites.
Getting to hospital
- Non-emergency hospital transport - download the leaflet to find out about this service and how to access it if you are eligible
- Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme help with travel costs to hospitals or other NHS premises
Other transport schemes
- Good Neighbour Schemes offer a range of help and support to individuals, including giving lifts
- A list of local organisations who can help you get around
- RVS Need a lift? service
- Book your Ride is an online booking service for shared transport, working with local, approved suppliers.
Updated April 2018