Connecting Communities can collect you and take you to an appropriate bus route or train link for onward travel, if you find it difficult to get to college, shops, medical appointments or visit friends and family in the county, and there’s no public transport available locally.
Age UK Suffolk have a transport information section, including telephone numbers and links to useful websites.
Getting to hospital
- Non-emergency hospital transport - download the leaflet to find out about this service and how to access it if you are eligible
- Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme help with travel costs to hospitals or other NHS premises
- You might also ask at your GPs surgery, as some run car services to help people get to hospital
Other transport schemes
- Good Neighbour Schemes offer a range of help and support to individuals, including giving lifts
- A list of local organisations who can help you get around
- RVS (previously WRVS) Need a lift? service
Updated February 2018