“Keys to Inclusion and a Person-Centred Approach”
An exciting training opportunity for Schools and Professionals who work with children and young people.
We are holding 2 sessions across the county as follows:
- Wednesday 5th February 2020, Bury St Edmunds Cricket Club, Nowton Road, Bury St Edmunds IP33 2BT, Suffolk
- Wednesday 4th March 2020 – Kirkley Suite, Kirkley Centre, 154 London Road, Lowestoft NR33 0AZ
This training really gets to the heart of how we can interrupt the isolation of disabled, challenging and other ‘different’ children and adults. It is clearly guided by core inclusive beliefs and values as well having a practical element to the day.
We will share successful strategies for developing an inclusive and person-centred approach in educational and non-educational settings for children and young people of all ages.
In summary, this is practical plus being a ‘hearts and minds’ day.
We look at:
- What does inclusion mean?
- Can we imagine what an inclusive school look like?
- What do we have to do?
The day gives people opportunities to reflect on their attitudes and practice in relation to the inclusion of children and adults who are different or challenging. For example:
- Regarding developing inclusive practice in mainstream schools and other settings
- Access to a wider range of practical strategies
- Deeper understanding of core values surrounding inclusion of disabled and challenging children and adults
- Opportunity to reflect on professional attitudes and behaviour towards parents and pupils
- New skills and processes to make inclusion successful increased confidence.
FREE funded spaces for SENDCOs are available.
For more information or to book your place, click the link on the right or email PsychologyAndTherapyServices@schoolschoice.org