Find information and support in Suffolk to help you and your family cope with emotional wellbeing and mental health issues.
Does your child need urgent help?
If it's an emergency call 999. If it's not life threatening call NHS 111.
Call First Response: 0808 196 3494. 24/7 freephone service for help with mental health difficulties.
Covid Mental Health Support Guidance - Lists family health and wellbeing services.
Latest news on Mental Health Support:
Support for young people's mental wellbeing - This document includes a selection of useful websites, helplines and apps that offer a range of support to young people who are struggling, as well as places parents/carers can seek help.
Suffolk Advice and Support Service (SASS) - Helps people in Suffolk to access support about debt, benefits, housing or employment in response to the financial impact of Covid-19 on families.
The National Suicide Prevention Alliance (NSPA) - have launched this new website.
Wellbeing in Education Website - Resources and advice for schools and families, from the Suffolk Psychology and Therapeutic Service Team.
Spotting the signs of an eating disorder - There are cases of eating disorders on the rise due to lockdown, families can find advice here.
Local Mental Health Support Services for children and young people:
- Wellbeing Service - For help on common mental health issues for people of all ages.
- Kooth - Free online counselling and wellbeing support for 11-25 year olds.
- ChatHealth School Nursing Text Service: 07507 555536 - Helps 11-19 year olds with all kinds of confidential health concerns.
Charities that provide helpline support and information:
- Suffolk Mind - Call 0300 111 6000 (Mon-Fri, 9.00am and 3.30pm)
- YoungMinds Parent Helpline - Call 0808 802 5544 (Mon-Fri, 9:30am to 4pm).
- YoungMinds Crisis Text Messanger Service - Text: 85258 (24/7) A free service for young people experiencing a mental health crisis.
- The Samaritans - Call 116 123 (free 24/7 support)
- Talk to them about whatever’s getting to you (you don’t have to be suicidal to contact them).
- CALM - Call 0800 58 58 58 (24/7, 5pm-midnight). Mental Health support for boys and men.
- Hopeline (Papyrus) - Call 0800 068 41 41 (9am–12am (midnight) every day) Confidential suicide prevention advice.
Useful Emotional Wellbeing Support websites:
- The Source - for young people in Suffolk
- Moodwise.co.uk (16-25 years olds)
- NHS Every Mind Matters
- Anne Freud
- MindEd for families
Emotional Wellbeing Support Groups for young people
Email us details of your emotional wellbeing support group at: email@example.com
New proposed model to transform Children, Young People and Families Mental Health services in East and West Suffolk:
The East and West Suffolk Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG), Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust (NSFT), and partner orgainsations working with Suffolk families, are drawing up a new 10 year plan to improve children and young people's mental health services. To find out more, visit: Westsuffolkccg.nhs.uk