Find information and support to help your family cope with emotional wellbeing and mental health issues.
Does your child need urgent help?
If it's an emergency call 999. If it's not life threatening call NHS 111.
Call First Response: 0808 196 3494. 24/7 freephone service for help with mental health difficulties.
The video below titled 'Mental Health Myths (Mind your Language)' expains about common misunderstandings about what it means to have mental ill health.
- Emotional Wellbeing Hub - East and West Mental Health Service
- Point 1 - Lowestoft and Waveney Mental Health Services
- Wellbeing Service - For help on common mental health issues for people of all ages.
- Kooth - Free online counselling and wellbeing support for 11-25 year olds.
- ChatHealth School Nursing Text Service: 07507 555536 - Helps 11-19 year olds with all kinds of confidential health concerns.
Charities that provide helpline support and information:
- Suffolk Mind - Call 0300 111 6000 (Mon-Fri, 9.00am and 3.30pm)
- YoungMinds Parent Helpline - Call 0808 802 5544 (Mon-Fri, 9:30am to 4pm).
- YoungMinds Crisis Text Messanger Service - Text: 85258 (24/7) A free service for young people experiencing a mental health crisis.
- The Samaritans - Call 116 123 (free 24/7 support)
- Talk to them about whatever’s getting to you (you don’t have to be suicidal to contact them).
- CALM - Call 0800 58 58 58 (24/7, 5pm-midnight). Mental Health support for boys and men.
- Hopeline (Papyrus) - Call 0800 068 41 41 (9am–12am (midnight) every day) Confidential suicide prevention advice
Email us details of your emotional wellbeing support group at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Source Anxiety information - advice for young people.
Clear Fear App (Free downloadable app) - This app has been designed for teenagers experiencing anxiety. It has exercises which target thoughts and behaviour, and aid relaxation to alleviate anxiety.
Autism, ADHD, and special educational needs
Parents guide for improving the wellbeing of young children with learning disabilities - Guide created by the University of Warwick and the Challenging Behaviour Foundation to help families promote the wellbeing of their children with learning disabilities, including their own wellbeing.
SEND parenting support - Advice from Yvonne Newbold website. Webinars on understanding behaviour in those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
Information about behaviour booklet - Provides information and guidance on behaviour difficulties.
Bereavement and loss
Cruse Bereavement Care booklets - Child Bereavement UK has a number of booklets for helping children understand loss on their website.
Depression and low mood
The Source Depression page - Advice for young people in Suffolk.
The Source about eating disorders - for young people
Beat eating disorders charity - The UK's Eating Disorder charity, includes helplines for support and resources on their website.
Recovery Record App - Designed for every stage of recovery from anorexia, bulimia, OED, BED, CED and other eating disorders.
Wednesday’s Child leaflet - Leaflet providing psychoeducation around eating disorders and information around what the charity can provide.
Mermaids - Offer information and support for both young people and parents around trans-gender, non-binary, and gender diversity.
Guide for Supporting LGB young people - This workbook is designed for professionals and people who work with young people who may be lesbian, bisexual, or gay. It provides information and tips on supporting these young people.
The Source Self-harm advice - Advice for young people in Suffolk
Self-harm information for young people - Z card for young people in Suffolk
How to get a goodnight's sleep podcast - This podcast discusses the challenges with sleep, with reference to covid-19, and tips for helping a young person’s sleep routine.
Top tips for better sleep young people - Top tips for better sleep during lockdown has been created by Bury North Youth Team. This booklet is aimed at adolescents and young adults.
Feeling overwhelmed or suicidal, or know someone who does? - Information from The Source for young people in Suffolk.
Feeling overwhelmed or suicidal - Young Suicide Prevention z card
Papyrus website - A charity supporting the prevention of young suicide.
Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) - Male suicide prevention website.
Stay Alive App - This app helps you and others stay safe and provides information on steps to stay safe when feeling suicidal.