Worried about the cost of living? Need some support? Find out more here

Complain about a childcare provider

Please speak to your childcare provider about any concerns you may have with your child’s experiences, contract, payment, funding queries or entitlements.

If you feel the situation has not been resolved you can:

  • Ask for a copy of the complaints procedure if you don't already have a copy.
  • Put your concerns in writing following the complaints procedure.
  • The policy should explain how the provider will respond to your query/complaint.
  • If, after you have done this, you are not satisfied with the outcome please contact Ofsted www.contact.ofsted.gov.uk/online-complaints on 0300 123 1231 or email enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk 

Last reviewed February 2022

Concerned about the quality of childcare not meeting its regulated standards

If you are concerned about anything you see or hear at an early years or childcare provider, you should raise this directly with the provider.

If you cannot resolve the matter in this way, or if you have safeguarding concerns, please contact Ofsted www.contact.ofsted.gov.uk/online-complaints on 0300 123 4666.

Safeguarding Concerns

Are you concerned about a child or young person?

Contact Customer First on 0808 800 4005

If you're worried that a child or young person is at risk of abuse, harm or neglect, please call Customer First on the number above and explain that you have a child protection concern.

The service is staffed by a team of professional people with a legal duty to safeguard children. They will listen to your concerns and take appropriate action.

Lines are open from 8am to 6:45pm, Monday to Friday. Outside of these hours, calls to this number are automatically diverted to the Emergency Duty Service.

If you need to contact social services with a non-urgent enquiry, please send an email to customer.first@suffolk.gov.uk.

Is it an emergency?

  • 0808 800 4005 if you're worried that a child or young person is at risk of neglect or harm, abuse
  • 999 the police
  • 0808 800 5000 NSPCC child protection helpline
How do I report a problem finding childcare?

Complete the form to tell us what childcare you are struggling to find. Sometimes childcare may not be available in a particular area, or all the childcare places in the area are full. 

Please complete the unable to find suitable childcare form which can be found here.

By completing the form we will be able to identify if there is a need for more childcare in your area.


Save to Shortlist
Back to top