Suffolk Inclusion Support Line
The Suffolk Inclusion Support Line is an advice line, targeted at education settings as well as colleagues who work in health and social care, to help them to source the advice, guidance and information they need to meet the needs of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) as early as possible, in the most appropriate way.
What is the purpose?
- To enable more accessible support for professionals
- To provide access to services/support across the system including Health & Social Care as well as Inclusion Services
- To ensure support is available in a timely manner
- To support professionals to gain clarity on a solution by talking through with someone else
What can you contact us about?
- Understanding key processes and pathways in Inclusion Services
- Signposting to other services and organisations
- Understanding what is available to meet a particular need
- Needing support around options for a child at risk of exclusion or in crisis
- Needing support around thresholds, Suffolk's offer, a complex case or multi-agency involvement
How do we link in with other services/support?
- Inclusion Support Meetings will continue to be arranged via the existing process. If you require an ISM following discussion with the Inclusion Line they can support you with this
- Links with Social Care, Health, and Early Years teams will be further developed and established as the Support Line offer is built up
If you are an education, health or social care practitioner calling with a general query about SEND, please contact the Inclusion Support Line on 01473 265502 / firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a parent/carer with a general query about SEND, please contact the Local Offer Line on 0345 606 1490 or email email@example.com
If you are calling about an Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment (EHCNA) that is within it’s first six weeks, please contact the EHCNA Team on 01473 263688 / EHCNArequest@suffolk.gov.uk
If you would like to speak to someone in SEND Family Services about an EHCNA at a later stage, or have a specific query about a child, please contact your local Family Services Team: