Summer Holiday Activities 2022 in Suffolk
The Summer holidays are here and there's lots to do.
- Activities Unlimited: activities and short breaks for disabled children, young people and their families
- Suffolk Museums: have fun discovering our local Suffolk heritage
- Suffolk Libraries: offer activities all year, find out what's on
- Do It!: volunteering made easy, just search by town
- Day Out With The Kids (commercial website): search by region, indoor and/or outdoor activity, age and postcode to see what's happening in your area
- Discover Suffolk: 10 Fab Summer adventures outside
- The Tourist Trail: Summer Holiday Things to do in Suffolk
- Summer programme 2022 Waveney & Lowestoft Family Hubs. No need to book, just come along!
- Funded swimming lessons for children in Bury St Edmunds affected by the pandemic running as a 1-week course, between 8-26 August
Holiday Activity and Food (HAF) programme 2022 in Suffolk
Who is eligible and what do I need to access the programme?
The local programme is targeted at those who are eligible for benefits-related free school meals, and other vulnerable children or those with additional need that would benefit from accessing the programme.
District & Borough council activities
Fancy a day at the beach?
Enjoy a day out or holiday by the sea at one of Suffolk's beautiful beaches. From family-friendly resorts, to rural and wild stretches plan your visit with our Suffolk Beach Guide.
Whether you’re in search of a great family day out, a birdwatching haven, or trip back in time, the beaches along the Suffolk Coast will provide you with a memorable day out whatever the time of year: Suffolk Beach Guide (thesuffolkcoast.co.uk)
Kids aged 16 and under can eat for just £1 at Asda
Kids aged 16 and under can eat for just £1 at any time of day in Asda cafés, seven days a week, with no minimum adult spend required until September 4. Baby food is also available as part of the initiative, with little ones able to enjoy a free pouch of Ella’s Kitchen baby food (70g pouch) in their local Asda Café.
Parks, gardens & walks
Find a park near you: Suffolk Infolink | Listings in Families and Community
Find 32 accessible trails across Suffolk: AccessAble Routes and Trails in Suffolk
Most schools offer out of school activities and after school clubs for their pupils. These can take place before or after school hours. Some schools also work with voluntary and community groups in their local area to provide holiday activities during the Easter and summer holidays.
To keep up to date with what's available at your local school, please look on the school website. You can look this up on the Schools in Suffolk page.
For more information go to: