You may be eligible to receive a funded early education place, if you claim any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit – For places starting in the summer term of 2018 (on or after 1st April 2018), or any subsequent term, if a parent is entitled to Universal Credit they must have an annual net earned income equivalent to and not exceeding £15,400, assessed on up to three of the parent’s most recent Universal Credit assessment periods.
- Tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
To check if you are eligible for funded childcare for 2 year olds online at www.suffolk.gov.uk/two
You may also be eligible based on the following (non-economic) criteria if your child:
- Has left care through Special Guardianship, or through an Adoption, Residence or Child Arrangements Order
- Is a child looked after by a local authority, a Child in Care (CiC)
- Has a current statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC)
- Receives Disability Living Allowance.
Take proof to your chosen childcare provider if any of the above applies to your child.
Your child can start receiving funding from the term after their second birthday.
Turns 2 years between: Claim Funding from the beginning of the:
1 January - 31 March Summer Term (April)
1 April - 31 August Autumn Term (September)
1 September - 31 December Spring Term (January)
For more information:
Speak to your current childcare provider (day nursery, pre-school playgroup or childminder). They will check if you are eligible.
Or phone the Suffolk Family Information Service
- Helpline 0345 60 800 33
- Text 07624 801060 (If you text we will call you back)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org