If you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, and need advice or assistance, the housing departments of the district and borough councils in Suffolk may have legal responsibility to help you.
For details of the help available to you contact your district or borough council.
Emergency accommodation for tonight
Contact one of the places below if you are aged 18 or over and need somewhere to stay tonight:
- Bury St Edmunds – Genesis Housing, Grove Park – 01284 723839
- Felixstowe – Genesis Housing, Buregate Road – 01394 670476
- Ipswich – Genesis Housing, Cavendish Lodge – 01473 219155
- Lowestoft – Genesis Housing, Trafalgar House – 01502 564381
If you’re under 18 please call 0808 800 4005 to speak to Customer First or the Emergency Duty Team.
Other support available
- If you’re sleeping rough, or would like to let local services know about someone who is, StreetLink can help
- Suffolk County Council may be able to provide you with housing related support if you’re homeless or at risk of losing your home. Support can be provided in the place you’re currently living or in supported accommodation if you need somewhere to stay
- Shelter has information to help if you’re at risk of having your home repossessed and an Emergency Housing Rights checker to establish what help is available to you from your local council
- Local housing support charities and other organisations like Citizens Advice Bureaux may also be able to help
- The Source has help and advice for young people who are homeless or at risk of losing their home