We've been operating throughout Covid, and are very conscious of the additional challenges which the pandemic has brought for people with eating disorder struggles.
Our service provision includes:
- 1-2-1 support sessions by zoom with an eating disorder psychologist
- Befriending support (calls and zoom) with a well matched individual who has recovered from the illness
- Craft sessions (every other Sunday afternoon, by zoom, at 3pm)
- Assisted food shopping (accompanied by whatsapp / phone service to support this challenging activity)
- Schools Protocol (support service for schools and colleges, available for teaching and support staff to assist comprehension of eating disorder prevention and assistance)
- Supportive suppers due to return in October
- Online learning modules
Wednesday's Child offers support, education, events and befriending, for those affected by eating disorders.
Our not for profit organisation delivers various recovery programmes, as well as group and one2one support.
We run regular Supportive Suppers throughout Suffolk, and can be instructed to aid you and your family through such activities as 'Accompanied Mealtimes' or 'Assisted Shopping'.
The work of Wednesday's Child is vital within the school environment, and we are proud to have created a unique Schools Protocol, which allows us to work closely with educational outlets to support students, teachers, and parents.
Please do contact us about ways in which we may be able to support you, your family, or your business.