The SEND Family Services Team lead on the support of children, young people and their families so that with the necessary skills, young people progress into adulthood to further achieve their hopes, dreams and ambitions. Fundamental to this is our joint partner commitment to the delivery of services through a key working approach for all.
SEND Family Services:
- support individual children and young people and their families through their education pathway and/or SEND Journey
- ensure that assessments, including education, health and care needs assessments, provide quality advice and are delivered within statutory timescales
- monitor the progress of children and young people with SEND in achieving outcomes to prepare them for adulthood and offer support and guidance at transition points
- support children and young people who have been permanently excluded or who are at risk of exclusion.
- provide challenge to education providers to ensure provision meets the needs of individual children and young people.
We have seven locality-based team as follows:
At Riverside, Lowestoft, there is one team supporting:
- Lowestoft & Waveney
At Endeavour House, Ipswich, there are four teams supporting:
- Suffolk Coastal
- Ipswich North & East
- Ipswich South & West
- South Suffolk
At West Suffolk House, Bury St Edmunds, there are two teams supporting:
- West Suffolk
- Bury St Edmunds and Central Suffolk