We are a support group for families who have pre-school aged children with additional needs. We provide appropriate play activities for the children in a large playroom as well as support for parents/carers who stay for sessions. Parent/carers have the opportunity for some time to themselves in a quiet room while staff and volunteers look after the children. As well as staff supporting parents, parents are also very supportive of each other.
Ipswich Opportunity Group
Who to contact
- Salvation Army Hall
- IP4 4PH
- Venue Email
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Large car park
- on bus route 66
Large car park
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Other information
- Please contact Ipswich Opportunity Group for vacancy information.
Days & times
Friday: 10.00 - 12.00
Monday: 10.00 - 11.30
Monday: 13.00 - 15.00
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - Allergies/special diet always considered as snack time.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - All activities provided for all individual needs. Makaton signing used plus photos and symbols for communication
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Severe dietary needs
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £3.50/family Per session
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Close to parks, Equipment for all ages, Playroom, Sensory play equipment, Slide, Trampoline
- Further information about pick-ups
- Possibility of help with transport if family don't have their own.
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s)
- To 5 Year(s)
Activities are planned so that children of all abilities can access them.
Some specialist equipment is available eg chairs, standing frame.
Communication is augmented with Makaton signing, symbols, photos and Picture Exchange Communication System
Transport can often be provided for families who do not have their own.
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 17/09/2007 Care Good 31/01/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Inadequate 1 11/07/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 25/04/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 13/05/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Sessions for pre-school children with a wide range of additional needs
Qualified and experienced staff provide activities for all abilities
Makaton signing, symbols, photos and PECS are used to enhance communication
- Cheryl King
- 07746 580132
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care