Horham Dairy and Care Farm CIC
Horham Dairy and Care Farm is a not-for-profit Community Interest Company. We are a working goat dairy and Care Farm providing children, young people and adults living with anxiety, stress and depression with a therapeutic space to help improve their mental and physical wellbeing.
Our aim is to educate, motivate and inspire people to use food and nature to improve the quality of their lives. We also offer day care and work placements for young people and adults with a learning disability.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Horham Dairy and Care Farm CIC
- IP21 5DZ
- View IP21 5DZ on a map
- Area served
- Beccles, Babergh, Halesworth, Stowmarket, Stradbroke, Bungay, Bury St Edmunds, Elmswell, Eye, Mid Suffolk, Debenham, Framlingham, Woodbridge, Needham Market
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Transport can be arranged through local volunteer groups
- Restrictions to access
- Access is limited for wheelchair users due to the uneven ground and gravel paths
Set in 12 acres of land on the Suffolk/Norfolk border we produce a range of artisan goat's milk products from our small herd of 20 Golden Guernsey goats. Activities include helping to make cheese in the dairy as well as learning how to make goat's milk soap. Taking care of the animals and learning about animal husbandry as well as bottle feeding the goat kids in the Spring time.
There is also a herb nursery where we grow culinary and medicinal herbs as well as seasonal vegetables and an orchard where you will find our chickens. Activities include egg collecting, propagating seeds, taking cuttings, planting hanging baskets, growing vegetables and fruit as well as learning about nutrition and healthy eating.
There are always plenty of jobs to do maintaining fencing, building field shelters, bird boxes and chicken houses.
Days & Times
- Time of day
- Session Information
The farm is open on Tuesday
Wednesday and Thursday from 10am to 4pm
- Cost Details
- Costs vary depending on the level of support needed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
- Referral required?
- Age Groups
- 16-25 years, Adults, Young people
- Accreditation details
- Registered with Social Farms and Gardens
- Service users involved in planning
The services provided are based on feedback from service users
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
For disengaged young people and those that are not in main-stream education our activities are designed to increase an individual's confidence and self esteem and we offer 1-2-1 support and mentoring with staff that have undertaken a diploma in performance coaching. CRB checks are carried out for staff and volunteers.
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review