We provide full day care for children aged 3 months to 5 years during term time and provide holiday provision if required. We have 3 age appropriate rooms 3mths-2yrs, 2yrs-3yrs and 3yrs-4yrs. All rooms are fully equipped to provide a stimulating environment. This includes a wide range of resources accessible by the children at all times, empowering them to make choices and facilitate child initiated learning. Each room has direct access to an outdoor play area which we make full use of in all weather conditions.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Wattisham Airfield Childcare Centre
Who to contact
- Claire Blowers
- IP7 7RE
- Social Media
Like us on Facebook
- Contact Notes
Claire is the setting Safeguarding lead and Teresa the deputy Safeguard lead.
- Charity Commissioning Number
- Wattisham airfield childcare centre
- IP7 7RE
- Parking available
- Parking details
We are a purpose built setting just outside Wattisham military base with an additional grassed outdoor area, We are accessible to wheel chair users.
- Senior team
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact provider for further information
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We provide food and cater for all dietary needs.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - We have fully trained staff in Special Educational Needs and Behaviour Management, the staff also have experience working with children who have additional needs.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
Severe dietary needs
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £21.63 Under 3 years - Per session £51 Per day £21.09 Over 3 years - per session £48.67 Per day £7.03 Breakfast Club
- Sessions run from 9am-1pm and 1pm-5pm. We offer an additional hour 8am-9am and 5pm-6pm at a cost of £7.03 per hour.
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, Soft play area, Swings, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- School pickups
- Ringshall School (Stowmarket)
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 6 month(s)
- To 5 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 18/05/2006 Integrated Inadequate 1 26/01/2007 Integrated Good 22/07/2010 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 31/03/2014 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 19/09/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
All staff have been trained in promoting positive behaviour. We have 3 members of staff who are trained in special educational needs.
For children with additional needs we put in place Individual education plans and work closely with families and outside services to support targets on plans.
We have our own wellcomm pack which we use to assess all childrens communication skills. Those children that need further support are recognised and supported through small group activities from the wellcomm tool.
All staff have training in positive wellbeing in the early years.
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care