Meadow Brook is a non-profit charity Early Years Setting. It is run by a voluntary management committee, made up of committed parents and members of the local community who are keen to support the learning and development of the children and support and nurture their wellbeing whilst at Nursery.
The Buttercup Room (bungalow) – caters for children for 0 – 26 months old. We can have up to 15 children per session and 5 permanent staff in the room.
The room is divided in to two sections, creating a cosy and natural learning environment for our babies with access to the garden via the toddler room and our over 18months area is designed through their eyes, Ensuring the environment is set up in such ways that it encourages children to learn, play and explore. We work with a ratio of 1:3 for 0 – 2 years
The Daisy Room (situated in the Meadow Children’s Centre) – caters for our 2-3 year olds. We can have up to 24 children per session and 4 permanent staff in the room.
The room is designed with thoughts of an exciting and practical learning environment, ensuring that all areas are visible and encouraging for the children to take the next step in their learning. The ratio requirement is 1:4
The Sunflower Room - is our pre-school space, our aim is to have only have the cohort that is going to school that year in there. All activites are planned to prepare and support our to children to be "school ready". The ratio is 1:8 however we believe that having our permanent 4th member of staff is highly beneficial to the team and childrens’ learning and development. With this in mind we often work with a ratio of 1:6.
We aim to:
• Create a friendly, caring safe environment where children feel safe and secure.
• provide a wide range of activities to inspire and enrich the children's independence, self-image, imagination and confidence.
• Provide high quality Early Years care and education for all children in our community and surrounding areas.
• Work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop.
• Make a positive contribution to our community.
• Offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
Parents are regarded as members of Meadow Brook and have full participatory rights.
These include a right to be:
• Valued and respected.
• Kept informed.
• Included at all levels.