Coronavirus information: For Local advice and vaccination centres in Suffolk
Who to contact
- Seashore Nursery
- Seashore Nursery
- NR32 1JH
- Venue Email
- Parking available
- 10 minute walk from Lowestoft bus station
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- We currently have vacancies in all of our rooms from age 3months-5 years old
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 07:30 - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - Children's needs are met according to their dietary requirements, allergies and intolerances. Meals are provided as well as a healthy snack. Meals are cooked fresh each day on the premises. Milk and water is provided and water is available throughout the day.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Speech and language difficulties
- Please see the website for details
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, Soft play area, Trampoline
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s)
- To 5 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 06/04/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
At Seashore Day Nursery we have knowledge and experience in the education of children with special education needs. Staff are highly skilled and qualified to support children and their families . As a setting we observe the children and will signpost families to agencies such as speech and language drop in sessions, health visitor, GP etc. We have experience in looking after children with Down's syndrome, autism and Asperger's. We have a named Senco and staff have had training on inclusive practice. A concern about a child's development can be raised by a parent/outside professional or a member of staff/key person, where a child requires support over and above the expected age of development. A checklist would be initiated and consent gained from the parent/carer and a meeting arranged between parent and key person to gather information and plan interventions for the child, prior to targeted support. The child will now be monitored.
We liase with outside agencies and early years consultants. Staff have experience in writing reports for medical diagnosis assessments (MDA). Children identified with a learning difficulty will have an individual education plan (IEP) in place and staff work with the parent/ carer to compile their targets. These are reviewed every 6-8 weeks with the parents.
Children who are identified needing additional support will then be supported and activities adapted to met their individual needs within the setting. This will be planned by their key person with support from the setting's Senco. As a setting we can apply for higher tariff needs funding each term for children requiring a high level of support. This is used to provide extra staffing, resources within the setting and at home. As a setting staff have experience in using Makaton.
Children's progress is monitored and summaries are completed by the key person each term. Parents meetings are organised each term and the setting uses Tapestry, providing excellent links between the setting and home. We have a parents board proving information for parents on their child's development.
We plan good transitions as children move between rooms and onto school. Transition meetings are organised with parents and professionals involved to allow as smooth transition as possible for those children moving on to school or other settings.
- Rachael Thomas
- 01502 580017
alpha-seashore day nursery
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
- Child care