We do not stick dogmatically to any one philosophy of nursery education. We aim to include the best of each, in a common sense approach, making the nursery a happy, stress-free place which helps to build self-confidence in every child. Our curriculum is based on good childcare practice and is underpinned by the Governments Early Years Foundation Stage. Children's play fosters imagination and creativity, a sense of self and understanding of others, as well as a wide range of physical development. We aim to achieve a sensible balance between 'free and structured' play and we offer a wide range of supervised activities designed to encourage language, mathmatics, confidence and independence.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Bright Horizons Great Cornard Day Nursery and Preschool (HS)
Who to contact
- Jo Hayes
- Nursery Manager
Crocus Early Years Centre
Great Cornard Upper School, Wells hall road
- CO10 0NH
- Great Cornard Upper School
Wells Hall Road
- CO10 0NH
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Car Park available outside the nursery to access this please use the Wells Hall enterance
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- To book a place at the holiday club, please phone Crocus directly or pop in to speak to a member of staff.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 18:00
Monday to Friday: 07.00 - 08.00
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £30.08 Under 3 years - Per session £50.60 Per day £227.70 Per week £26.90 3 years plus - Per session £43.68 3 years plus - per day £169.55 3 years plus - per week
- We offer a holiday Club for children aged 5 - 11 years, this is at a cost of £30 per day and children need to provide their own packed lunch. We offer a variety of activities such as wall climbing, Den building at the local country park.
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pet fish, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sensory room, Sleeping area, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 3 month(s)
- To 8 Year(s) 11 month(s)
- Age Groups
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 07/03/2007 Integrated Outstanding 05/10/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 22/01/2013 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 19/08/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We provide an enviornment in which all children including those with additional educational needs and disabilities are supported to reach their full potential. Crocus Early Years Center is accessable to all including toilets and changing facilities, wider doors allow access to all rooms and gardens are fitted with ramps. We have additional disabled parking at the front of the nursery.
We follow guidelines set out in Specail Educational Needs Code of Practice 2014. Our SENCO - Samantha Walker, monitors the progress and needs of the children within the nursery whom have additional needs and supports the other staff in target setting.
Staff complete regular ongoing training to remain up to date with any changes and we currently have 2 staff who are trained in SEND and others awaiting to complete training. Samantha is currently studying for her BAHons in Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Studies.
Staff have completed a variety of other training courser including Makaton, Autism awareness, Sensory awareness and play, and many know and use British Sign Language.
We have a purpose built sensory room onsite which offers small play session for all the children to enjoy. This includes a number of bubble tubes with colour changing lights, fibre optic strands, projectors, sensory tactile boards and more.
We work in partnership with local schools and other early years provision to enable us to have a consistent approach in all settings, as we believe this is fundermental. We regularly liase with other professionals such as Occupational therapists. We work closely with parents at all times and encourage them to have an input into their child's learning and development.
Staff additional training includes:
SENCO level 4
Makaton (all levels and stages)
British sign language
Physical development training,
- Samantha Walker
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care