Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum, Flixton
The museum covers eight acres has three hangars and eight themed buildings, with nearly 70 aircraft and 30,000 artefacts, plus a nature trail with boardwalk.
The complex has buildings dedicated to the Royal Observer Corps, the 446th Bomb Group USAAF, R.A.F. Bomber Command and RAF Air Sea Rescue, and local history.
There are many types of military and civilian aircraft dating back to 1918, including helicopters, autogyros, jets, gliders, with some rare examples.
Admission Free although donations are encouraged.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum, Flixton
- NR35 1NZ
- View NR35 1NZ on a map
- Area served
- East Suffolk, Bungay
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Parking available on-site
Days & Times
- Open: Apr-Oct: Sun-Thu 10am-5pm; Nov-Mar: Tue, Wed, Sun 10am-4pm. CLOSED 15th Dec-15th Jan.
- Cost Details
- Free admission, but donations are appreciated.
- Age Groups
- Pre-school, Children (5-11), Adults, Young people
- Wheelchair Access, Adapted Toilet
A full education programme is available plus Loan Boxes available for schools
More like this
Sign in to write a review