Worried about the cost of living? Need some support? Find out more here

Anglia Care Trust - SEND Advice and Guidance, Mediation and Disagreement Resolution Services

Anglia Care Trust

The Children and Families Act 2014 will change the way special educational needs and disability (SEND) provision is delivered. Children and young people with special educational needs and disability from birth to age 25 will be subject to Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans from 1st April 2015 which will replace Statements of SEND and Learning Difficulty Assessments (LDA).

From 1st April 2015, the Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice & Support Service (SENDIASS) have commissioned Anglia Care Trust to provide a free and impartial service to offer SEND Mediation or Disagreement Resolution and advice and guidance associated with this

This service is completely free of charge and confidential and you can call the ACT Helpline on 01473 618675 to access this SEND Mediation or Disagreement Resolution advice and guidance or for more information.


Who to contact

Caroline Reeve-Johnson
Operational Co-ordinator
01473 618675 (SEND Helpline)
01473 622888 (Main Office)
Social Media
 Find us on Facebook
 Follow us on Twitter
Unit 8
The Square
Martlesham Heath

Where to go

Unit 8 The Square
Martlesham Heath
View IP5 3SL on a map
Area served
Haverhill, Ipswich, Hadleigh, Halesworth, Kessingland, Lakenheath, Ixworth, Kesgrave, Lowestoft, Mid Suffolk, Lavenham, East Suffolk, Leiston, Newmarket, Mildenhall, Needham Market, Beccles, Saxmundham, Brandon, Aldeburgh, Babergh, Oulton Broad, Capel St Mary, Stowmarket, Stradbroke, Clare, Southwold, Bungay, Bury St Edmunds, Elmswell, Eye, Thurston, Debenham, Sudbury, Framlingham, Wickham Market, Woodbridge, Glemsford, Felixstowe, West Suffolk
Venue Email
Venue Website
Parking available

Days & Times

Monday - Friday
Time of day
Session Information
9.00am - 5.00pm

Other details

Age Groups
Pre-school, 16-25 years, Children (5-11), Young people
Disabled Parking, Lift, Adapted Toilet

Accreditation details

Investors in Diversity, Investors in People, Advice UK member, Office of Fair Trading Licence

Local Offer

Local Offer
Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities

If you are thinking about appealing to the SEND tribunal you will need to contact us for Mediation Advice. You will be given information and guidance on what Mediation and Disagreement Resolution are so that you can make an

informed decision about how to take your concerns forward and which route to choose. If you decide to proceed towards Mediation or Disagreement Resolution, a trained Mediation Adviser will contact both you and your Local Authority who must then meet with you within 30 days.Following Mediation you will be issued with a certificate

which you will need to register if appealing to the SEND tribunal. If you do not decide to attend Mediation you will

still be issued with the relevant Mediation certificate to say that you have accessed advice.


Disagreement Resolution

Disagreement Resolution Services are available for all parents of children and young people with special educational needs and disability (SEND) and for young people themselves with SEND. Using the service is voluntary and covers SEND provision as well as disagreements about health and social care.

There are 3 areas this service can help with:

  • If you disagree with how the EHC Plan is being carried out
  • If you disagree about the SEND provision being offered
  • If you disagree about the health and social care provision for your child during an EHC needs assessment



Mediation is also a voluntary process for parents and young people, which you can use if you cannot reach an agreement with your Local Authority or Clinical Commissioning Group in matters relating to EHC plans.

It only covers disagreements you might have in the following circumstances, where your Local Authority decides:

  • Not to carry out an EHC needs assessment or re-assessment of your child
  • Not to draw up an EHC Plan for your child once they have done an assessment
  • Not to amend your child’s EHC Plan after the annual review or re-assessment
  • To cease to maintain your child’s EHC Plan or if you disagree with:
  • The parts of the plan which describe a child’s special educational needs
  • The special educational provision set out in the plan


Both Mediation and Disagreement Resolution sessions will be run by a trained Mediator.


More like this

Supported housing
Offender support
Social groups
Young people


Sign in to write a review


Save to Shortlist

Last Updated

Last updated:

Back to top