Stanton Pre-School and Early Years Education
Stanton Pre-School is a flourishing and popular early years environment in the heart of Stanton village. We welcome everyone to our setting and are proud to have families attend from Norfolk and Suffolk.
Our Pre-School is led by a highly experienced manager Lisa French, with almost 37 years experience she is highly qualified with a BA Hon in Early Years Education and a wealth of qualifications, knowledge and experience in children and young people. She has a passion for early years and works tirelessly to create enabling environments where children can thrive.
Our children and their families also benefit from an amazing team which consists of:
- Our very popular Deputy Manager and SENDCo Eirwen Peters is a fully qualified Early Years Teacher, with extensive experience of supporting children with additional needs. She has a passion for art and nature and uses her love of these to unlock the artistic and creative potential in every child. She truly believes that there is an artist or naturalist in every child and her passion and enthusiasm for these has been infectious beyond expectation.
- Our bubbly Admissions Liaison staff member Nicola Baddeley, holds a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification and a degree in Psychology. She has a wealth of knowledge in supporting our parents and carers and is always the smile that makes everyone feel welcome. She has a cheeky nature that children gravitate towards and there is always something fun and exciting going on wherever she is in the room.
- Lucy Foreman holds a Level 3 Early Years qualification and has gained lots of experience from working with children for a number of years. Her area of expertise is with large groups of children and she can often be found surrounded by them, whilst she entertains them with her vast catalogue of songs and action games.
- Hannah Fincham holds a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification and is also experienced in Health and Social care. Hannah is our soft, gentle one who the children instantly go to when they want to cosy up on our sofa's and have an endless supply of books read to them. Hannah has a passion for understanding and supporting the child that needs just that extra bit of tenderness and her soft quiet nature allows them to feel secure.
- Natalie Walker is our Toddler group representative and has just begun studying for her Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification. She has experience of working with children when she was previously a childminder. Having volunteered at pre-school and worked as a Bank member of staff, her reliability and obvious affection and kindness towards the children made her an ideal candidate to develop her role further.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
“To provide high quality childcare and education in an environment that is safe and stimulating, where children learn about the world by playing, exploring and building on experiences and develop lifelong skills through play and discovery”
Who to contact
- Stanton Pre School Early Years Education
Bury St. Edmunds
- IP31 2AW
- View IP31 2AW on a map
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Parking is available on Upthorpe Road
We strive to make our pre-school a home from home. We treat every child as an individual and understand the need to create an environment that celebrates their uniqueness. Every child and their family are made to feel that this is their pre-school and we all take pride in what we have achieved.
We have created a pre-school that is modern, clean, safe and inclusive. Our indoor area is cosy and airy, with large open spaces where children can use their imagination to create spaces themselves. Our outdoor area is big and open and has moveable resources and play equipment to enable the children to be flexible in their play.
We welcome many visitors to our setting and our open friendly ethos has meant that families travel far and wide for their children to attend.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact us for details 01359 251909
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 8am - 4pm
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - We have a large purpose built ramp at the main entrance to the pre-school and all areas are accessible. Our outdoor area has pathways all around the garden and is level with the pavement from the carpark. We have a disabled parking space which leads directly to the pre-school.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - We welcome all families from all cultural backgrounds
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We gain as much information as possible on a child's preferences and will work with the family to ensure that all dietary requirements are taken in to consideration.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Severe dietary needs
Social development impairment
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.00 Under 2 – hourly rate £3.75 3 & 4 year old– hourly rate
- We do not charge additional fees for lunch sessions, these are included in your funding or as part of your child's normal session.
- Accessible parking, Adventure play area, Allotment, Arts and crafts, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Forest school, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory garden, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, TV, Take children on outings, Village walks
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s)
- To 4 Year(s)
- Age Groups
- Children (5-11)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 11/10/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
All staff are experienced working with the Early Years age group and understand Child Development. Some staff have accessed specific training on Positive Behaviour Management, Autism Awareness, EpiPen, Makaton and lots more.
Staff access appropriate training and have worked with children on the Autistic Spectrum, Sight and Hearing Impairments, speech and language difficulties and ADHD from previous jobs.
We have experience of working with children with English as an additional language and will seek Bi-lingual support, when necessary. The setting endeavours to cater for children from other cultures and religions and has multi-cultural resources within the setting. We value and respect others beliefs. Visual supports such as photographs and visual timetables are displayed.
We have links with our local Children’s Centre and can sign post parents/carers to support which is available through them.
We will work alongside the specialist services involved with a child and they are welcome to visit the preschool at any time. Working closely with parents/carers and the child enables us to build stronger relationships and understand how to support particular needs better.
We have good links with Suffolk County Council and will endeavour to seek external support when needed in order to provide the best possible experience for children with SEND at preschool. The team will support practitioners in meeting children’s individual needs through offering home advice, observing individual children in the setting, suggesting ways to support individual needs, planning next steps with practitioners and parents and sign posting to training. Parental agreement will always be obtained before the Early Years Advisory team become involved with any individual child. They will support the preschool in working together with other agencies that may already be involved with a child.
Further training will be sought and accessed to support an identified SEND. Our Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinator will attend or update her knowledge on specific training to ensure that she is aware of issues around special educational needs and has the opportunity to discuss strategies with other professionals in this field.
- Eirwen Peters
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review
A great place to send your child. Rated 5 out of 5
Review submitted on 22/04/2021
Wonderful environment Rated 5 out of 5
This preschool is a wonderful place for children to learn they are given great personal attention by the brilliant staff, but are allowed the chance to gain independence and knowledge without even knowing! My grandson has enjoyed his early time there, but after a long gap over the covid lockdown (our choice) he has now gone back and felt so safe with the team he settled in immediately. The team get to know the children so well and take stock of what is happening at home as well as at preschool, so they can support all their needs. A truly brilliant place for children to develop the skills they need to progress through life.
Review submitted on 22/04/2021
Fantastic preschool! Rated 5 out of 5
All staff at Stanton Preschool are amazing. My daughter has only been going to preschool since February, and I was so nervous to finally send her but she loves it so much she doesn't even say goodbye when she runs in! All of the staff made me feel so calm and at ease and have clearly done the same for my little girl as she is nothing but excited and positive about attending! Couldn't imagine sending her anywhere else now. Thank you everyone!
Thank you so much for the lovely comment. It means a lot to all of us at pre-school and we take pride in what we do. We love being part of such a big community and welcoming new families to be part of our little family. I'm so glad you have found the experience such a good one and we are certainly having fun getting to know you all. Lisa and team
This review helped 1 out of 1 people.
Review submitted on 22/04/2021