Old Felixstowe Nursery is a committe run, charity based nursery based in a purpose built building in the grounds of Kingsfleet School. We are a sessional care nursery open term time only. We provide a stimulating nursery for children between 2 yrs – 5yrs and strive to provise a safe, stimulating environment in which your child can develop, grow and learn with other children and suitable qualified adults. We develop reciprocal relationships with parents and families and endeavour to work together to provide the best possible care and education for each child. We have a large adult to child ratio with a good special needs provision. Our outside play area is a safe and stimulating, all weather area that is used during summer and winter. Our last Ofsted inspection proved that we are a caring and professional nursery where the children’s development, safety and enjoyment come first. We run sessions from 9.00am-12.00pm and 12.25pm -3.25pm on a termtime basis only. Children may attend all day if they wish and if we have the sessions available. We charge £2.00 for a lunch club.
Old Felixstowe Nursery
Who to contact
- Lindsey Williamson
Grounds of Kingsfleet School
- IP11 9LY
- Social Media
Like us on Facebook
- Charity Commissioning Number
- Old Felixstowe Nursery
Grounds of Kingsfleet School
- IP11 9LY
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- No parking on site but adequate parking on public roads nearby
- 5 minute walk away from local bus route
- Restrictions to access
- There are no restrictions to pedestrians.
Just off main bus service (2 minutes walk). (Car parking on public roads)
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- We currently have very limited availability. Please contact the nursery directly to find out what sessions we currently have available.
Days & times
Monday to Friday AM: 09:00 - 12:00
Monday to Friday PM: 12:25 - 15:25
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises. We have a small step to the garden from the nursery but a ramp would be supplied when required.
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - Individual dietary needs are part of our comprehensive induction procedure
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - We have a named Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator and Deputy who will be happy to discuss any concerns with you.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Severe dietary needs
Social development impairment
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £2.00 Lunch Club - Per day £12.50 3 years plus - Per session £13.00 2 years - Per session
- We charge £2.00 for a lunch club, which parents must provide. Your Early years funding or 30 hours funding can be used for your lunch club fees, if you have not used all your hours on sessions. We charge £12.00 per session for those children who are not funded or who exceed their 15 hours per week free education and who do not qualify for 30 hours and £12.50 per session for Two year olds
- Accessible parking, Adventure play area, Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Quiet area, Sensory garden, Sensory play equipment, Slide, Take children on outings, Trampoline
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- To 4 Year(s) 11 month(s)
Old Felixstowe Nursery adheres to the standards set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage 2017 document to ensure that children develop well and are kept healthy and safe. We encourage all prospective parents to visit the nursery in order to see our facilities and observe how we operate. We liaise with other settings your child may attend to ensure that they receive the best education possible.
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 12/03/2007 Integrated Outstanding 24/06/2010 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 09/05/2013 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 02/03/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
At Old Felixstowe Nursery we welcome and support all children and their families. We have a named Special Educational Needs and Disabilities coordinator [ SENDCO ] and a deputy, both of whom have completed relevant training and would be happy to chat or help with any queries you may have. Each child is allocated a key person who will take observations that are used to inform planning and support the child's development. All children are unique; and we " Assess, Plan Do and Review" for every child, we look at their Characteristics of Effective Learning alongside their interests and next steps. We action plans and enhance our ratio where required. Plans will include specific strategies and targets along with any recommendations from other professionals; through this we ensure we meet each child's individual needs and requirements. All staff have completed Makaton training level 1-2 with one staff member up to level 3-4 and we use this daily with the children. We use PECS when appropriate which is a picture exchange communication system and we use the WELLCOMM tool kit, for speech and language assessments and intervention. We may need to make a referral to the Early Years Team, Psychologists, Speech and Language therapist or any other agency, this is done with parental consent. We support parents throughout any process and with Education and Health Care Plans.
Within our team we have a wealth of knowledge, skills and years of experience within our team over a variety of SEND conditions. We work with other agencies where appropriate. When children make the transition into school it is well planned and supported by the key person, SENDCO and school.
- Lisa Cox
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care