BACT community transport
Provides transport for people living in the Waveney district of Suffolk and the South east parishes of South Norfolk to whom a private car is not available or other forms of public transport are not easily available.
We have 5 minibuses, 4 wheelchair accessible vehicles and about 40 volunteers who drive their own cars. The car service will take passengers for medical appointments, visiting friends, shopping and to local bus stops/train stations. Our dial a ride service will transport door to door for shopping, socialising, outings and is a great way for making friends and staying independent.
Who to contact
- Additional Website
Where to go
- Bact community transport
Hillside Road East
- NR35 1RX
- View NR35 1RX on a map
- Area served
- Lowestoft, Beccles, East Suffolk, Halesworth, Oulton Broad, Kessingland, Waveney, Southwold, Bungay
- Parking available
Days & Times
- Office hours are 09.00 hrs - 16.00 hrs Mon - Fri
- Cost Details
- Fares vary - please enquire for further information. There is an annual charge for all our passengers to use us which is currently £18.00
- Referral required?
- Age Groups
- 16-25 years, Children (5-11), Adults, Young people
- Disabled Parking, Wheelchair Access, Adapted Toilet
Service is open to all. Costs are based on a mileage charge. Journeys must be pre-booked, preferably with at least 3 days notice. All our vehicles are accessible and so for those not able to manage steps can have access via a lift or ramp into the vehicle.
- Service users involved in planning
Ask for feedback
More like this
Sign in to write a review