Henley Pre-School is Ofsted approved. We are a friendly village Pre-school with close links to Henley and its surrounding villages, though we also attract children from the Dales and Crofts areas of Ipswich. We operate from one large room within the community centre and children have exclusive access to a secure enclosed outdoor play area. We follow The Early Years Foundation Stage and cater for the individual needs of the children and ensure quality of opportunity through carefully planned activities to help develop in all areas of learning . The purpose of the Pre-School is to encourage children to learn though play by discovering, creating and having fun. We have a simple philosophy of providing good quality care and education.
Coronavirus information: For Local advice and vaccination centres in Suffolk
Henley Pre-school Centre
Who to contact
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- 30 Hours Partner Summary
- funding codes needs to be in place the term before the child is eligible and given to the Manager for confirmation. This can be shared with another setting.
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Henley Pre-School currently has spaces available at most sessions for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
Days & times
Monday: 09.00-12.00 - 12.00-15.00
Tuesday: 09.00-12.00 - 12.00-15.00
Wednesday: 09.00-12.00 - 12.00-15.00
Thursday: 09.00-12.00 - 12.00-15.00
Friday: 09.00-12.00 - 12.00-15.00
Monday to Friday: -
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - We welcome children from different cultures and encourage their families to help us develop an understanding of their faith and traditions.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - Religious festivals are celebrated and children offered different foods to try during snack times, all staff are allergy aware.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - The Manager and Deputy Manager are trained in Special Education Needs and Disability. All staff receive additional training when needed. Staff are Makaton trained.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £5.00 Lunch Club - Per day £16.00 2 years - Per session £14.00 3 years plus - Per session £0.20p daily Per term
- We also except Childcare vouchers, 2 yr/ 3yr funded children , Golden ticket and Early Years Pupil Premium. We offer the 30 hour government funding.
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- To 5 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 14/03/2007 Integrated Good 24/03/2010 Inspection (Early Years Register) Satisfactory 12/11/2012 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 25/11/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
The Manager and staff have all the up to date information to support children with SEND. The manager has had PECS training and understanding in supporting children using this way of communication.
- Bridget Wyatt
- 07979 468467
- Conditions Supported
- Autistic spectrum conditions
- Child care