My name is Amy and I am an Ofsted registered childminder, graded 'Good', in the Cavendish Park area of Felixstowe, I live with my husband and 4 children. I am a very happy, outgoing person with many years’ experience of working with children. I have experience of working with children with special needs and know Makaton signing.
I live near to the local park and a short walk from the beach and leisure facilities. My house is a good size with plenty of space, both indoors and out, for the children and lots of toys for all ages and stages of development from birth to teenage years. We go on lots of outings, especially in the holidays, the children love these days out and gain so much from them. I am a member of the Felixstowe and District Childminding Group and we do lots together as a group. This means the children in my care benefit from being in a smaller setting where their needs can be fully met but also socialising with a larger group of children, whom they form close bonds with.
Who to contact
- View IP11 on a map
- Parking available
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact me for vacancy details
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 07.45 - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - I have experience of Downs syndrome (my brother) and have done voluntary work for children with additional needs.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Speech and language difficulties
- Please contact me for fees
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pet dogs, Pet small mammals, Pets, Playroom, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, Swings, TV, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Village walks
- School pickups
Maidstone Infant School (Felixstowe)
Causton Junior School (Felixstowe)
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s)
- To 11 Year(s)
- Age Groups
- Pre-school, Children (5-11)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 06/03/2012 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 18/12/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 22/01/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
I am very willing to take on a child with additional needs. I have experience with Downs Syndrome and Autism (my brother) and know Makaton signing but have received no formal training.
I have received training on epilepsy and stoma/colostomy's.
I will happily complete any training appropriate to care for a child with additional needs as and when required.
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review