Badingham Playschool is a well established nursery school with experienced, well qualified staff offering quality, affordable childcare to families in Badingham, Framlingham and surrounding villages and towns. We work closely with parents/carers to ensure children settle well and get the most from their pre-school experience. Our curriculum is very varied and is led by children's interests and needs. We believe that children need to connect with nature and their communities so we spend a lot of time outside exploring the local area and providing an educational approach to outdoor play in the beautiful rural environments around us. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic we have been based in our Framlingham setting and we have been open continuously providing care for local families. We have good links with a large number of local primary schools and strive to ensure a good transition for each child. We were Awarded Suffolk County Council Early Years Educational Setting of the Year 2019 in recognition of the quality of experience that Playschool staff achieve for children that attend and the support we provide for families.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Badingham Playschool (Day Nursery)
Who to contact
- Michele Cole
- Social Media
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
- Contact Notes
Please leave a telephone message if no-one is available to take your call or alternatively email. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.
- Charity Commissioning Number
- Badingham Playschool at
The Scout & Guide Headquarters
- IP13 9HS
- Venue Email
- Parking available
- Parking details
- small carpark and on road parking
We are have been based in our Framlingham Nursery since the beginning of the pandemic. This is ideally situated between the Framlingham sports field and the Pageant field play area which provide us with access to large open play spaces. We regularly walk into Framlingham town, around the castle grounds and have access to a vast network of footpaths through woods and farmland for bigger adventures.
The setting is fully accessible.
Video tours of the setting are available for prospective new parents.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Badingham Playschool has places available at all sessions in all age groups.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 8.00am - 4.30pm
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - This setting complies with all equalities legislation and celebrate diversity of all kinds.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We have a good understanding of food allergies and intolerances. We have first hand experience catering for children with allergies or intolerances to nuts & seeds, wheat/gluten, dairy/lactose, soya, egg & some fruits. We also have extensive experience providing for vegetarian/vegan diets.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - We have experience with developmental delay, physical and mental health needs including attachment disorder, trauma, autistic spectrum disorder, selective mutism, speech delay, global development delay. We have a fully qualified, experienced SENCO and assistant SENCO and strive to give the best individual care possible to promote every child's learning and development.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Social development impairment
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.90 3 years plus - Per hour £5.30 2 years - Per hour £5.50 Under 2 years - Per hour £1.50 Breakfast club - Per day £2.50 Lunch Club - Per day
- Children can be booked in for the hours and meals that you need - we have a very flexible childcare offer. Children can arrive at 8.00am, 8.30am, 9.00am, 9.30am, midday or 1pm Children can leave at Midday, 1pm, 3.00pm, 3.30pm, 4.00pm, 4.30pm Funded hours can be carried over to pay for holiday playscheme hours in a very flexible way.
- Accessible parking, Adventure play area, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, Soft play area, Take children on outings, Trampoline, Village walks
- School pickups
- Sir Robert Hitcham's CEVAP School (Framlingham)
- Further information about pick-ups
- lunch time pick up from school nursery deliver to our venue at Scout & Guide HQ, Framlingham
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 2 month(s)
- To 3 Year(s) 8 month(s)
We are a charity that was set up over 40 years ago. We are a not-for-profit organisation which gives us a very different ethos to privately run nurseries.
Age range; children from 3 months to 5 years old. We provide free sessions for funded 2, 3 and 4 year old children. Staff have experience of a range of special educational needs and disabilities. Every one is welcome at Playschool.
Our funded childcare offer is as flexible as we can make it so you can maximise the childcare you can access for free.
We offer childcare all year round with a flexible term-time & holiday playscheme offer.
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 22/11/2006 Integrated Good 09/03/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 18/06/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 31/10/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Our setting is accessible. Our staff have experience of a wide range of SEN and disabilities to enable all children to become part of the playschool 'family' where they are welcomed and accepted. We work closely with other education and health professionals to ensure we provide the best experience we can and successful transitions into school. We work closely with other local paediatric services, for example, Occupational Therapists.
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care
More like this
Rated 5 out of 5
Sign in to write a review
I highly recommend this fantastic Playschool. The staff are all great, they always do the very best for the children with lots of activities, outside time, crafting etc and nothing is too much trouble. They are knowledgable and work so hard. They provide lunches and breakfast should you require along with 8am or 830am starts and 430pm or 5pm finishes. There is holiday play scheme days too. Even during this current ‘lockdown’, staff are looking after key workers children and providing support, and advice for the rest of us.These ladies are my heroes.
Amazing staff. My boys love it.
Both of my boys attend Badingham Playschool. F went from 20 months old and H went from 13 months old. Both boys enjoy their days at Playschool so much. The staff are amazing. The children have access to so many different learning activities. They have both thrived being in this environment.