I registered as a childminder in 2003 and work from my home which is in the centre of Ipswich. I am an accredited childminder offering government funding at my setting. I am qualified to level 4 with an Open University Childcare learning and Development qualification. I have achieved the Suffolk SENCO qualification. I frequently aim to develop my CPD, by doing online training and attending courses. My first aid, safeguarding and food hygiene are all up to date. I am a quality assured setting and have been awarded the Every child a talker (ECAT) certificate for my setting. I use the Early Years foundation stage (EYFS) curriculum to provide learning through play experiences and record the children’s achievements in their personal learning journeys, this documents how your child is growing and developing in their pre school years prior to entry into full time school. I use information provided by the parents to offer play based learning that is of interest to the children in my care, whilst introducing other ideas along side. During their time with me the children do lots of lovely activities ranging from crafts to cooking and growing. We attend local toddler groups, have visits to my allotment as well as using other local facilities such as parks and library’s, as well as further afield such as the beach and farms. Children who attend before and after school are able to play with a wide selection of toys, take part in crafts, let off steam in the garden or relax with books or watching the television, these children can also be catered for in the school holidays with days tailored as much as possible to their likes and interests. My setting encompasses the joy of being able to provide a homely experience whilst caring for children aged 0-13. I welcome input from parents and carers as this enables me to provide the high level of care expected from childminders. It also helps me to get to know your child and families and how to best work in partnership with you.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Who to contact
- Miss Margaret Woodhams
- Contact Notes
Within walking distance of Sail makers shopping centre and local bus stops at the bottom of Woodbridge road
- Parking available
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- I currently have before and after school places - as well as school holiday are places for school age children. Please do contact me about other vacancies as situations can change
Days & times
Tuesday: 07:45 - 17:00
Wednesday: 07:45 - 18:00
Thursday: 07:45 - 18:00
Friday: 07.45 - 18.00
- Wheelchair access
- No - The property I live in is unable to manage wheel chair access.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - I work along side Suffolk Refugee Support to provide care for children who are new to the town. I am happy to learn about new cultures and traditions.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - I am happy to meet dietary requirements of any child who attends.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - I have experience in ADHD and speech and language needs. I have attended courses to gain more information on others and am willing to do so as the need should arise.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type please contact for advice on current charges Per hour
- I am happy to take payments via childcare vouchers
- Accessible parking, Allotment, Arts and crafts, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Out-door play, Pet small mammals, Pets, Playroom, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, TV, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch
- School pickups
- St Margaret's CEVAP School (Ipswich)
- Further information about pick-ups
- We walk to and from the school to provide this service, the school is a short walk from the house.
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 6 month(s)
- To 13 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 19/05/2005 Integrated Satisfactory 11/12/2008 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 02/07/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
I have completed SENCO training through Suffolk County Council
- Child care