Risby Preschool was established in the early seventies in Risby Village hall but since September 2012 moved into a purpose built building close to the Primary School offering extended services to the community. We are a registered charity who welcome all children and continue to strive to develop our setting to meet the needs of the children we care for. Our Preschool Leader holds a Childcare Foundation Degree(Level 6), a Early Years Professional Status (EYPS), Playwork qualification and Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) qualification. All other members of staff either hold a Level 3, Level 5 or Level 6 qualification in Childcare. The Preschool is Ofsted inspected, a member of the Preschool Learning Alliance and has gained the Every Child's A Talker Standard (ECAT). The Preschool follows the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum which promotes learning through play and a whole range of activities. We have an enclosed outside play area with a variety of outdoor equipment. We have many activities on offer daily such as a book corner, sand and water play, painting, craft, a computer and role play. Ofsted quotes “The quality and standards of care are good”, “Children relish their time at the Preschool”, “The quality of teaching and learning is extremely good”, and “Snack time is a lovely social occasion”.
Risby Preschool and Childcare Services
Who to contact
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact Risby Preschool and Childcare Services for current vacancy information.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - This setting complies with all equalities legislation.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We cater for all dietary needs-vegetrian, vegan, nut allergy and all religious beliefs.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - Our Preschool Leader (SENCo) holds a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator qualification. Four members of staff have attended Makaton training level 1 & 2. Makaton is used by staff throughout the day and a different Makaton sign is taught to the preschool children each week.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £3.75 Lunch Club - Per day £11.25 2 years plus - Per session
- Preschool Children are welcome to attend the before and afterschool school sessions from the age of 3 years old.
- Accessible parking, Allotment, Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Games consoles, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory garden, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, TV, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Trampoline, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- School pickups
- Risby CEVCP School (Bury St Edmunds)
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s)
- To 4 Year(s)
We offer Holiday Club 8.30am to 5.30pm outside term time. This is available for 2-8 yrs from all schools in Bury and the surrounding areas. The days we open are dependant on parent/carer demand.
Two year old's are welcome to attend our setting from 9.15am-3.15pm term time and 8.30am-5.30pm outside term time.
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 07/03/2007 Integrated Good 25/11/2010 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 23/03/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 03/05/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Our Preschool Leader (setting SENCo) holds a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator qualification. Four members of staff have attended Makaton training level 1 & 2. Makaton is used by staff throughout the day and a different Makaton sign is taught to the preschool children each week.
Our staff have completed training and experience of implementing Targeted Plans for children within the setting to meet their individual needs. Parent/carer input and participation in this process is paramount.
All staff have experience of Multi-Agency liaisons in order for every child to thrive within our setting.
- Diane Middleton (SENCo)
- 01284 810794
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care