We are a small, friendly village Preschool situated in our own building and grounds adjacent to the village school. We have a well-equipped indoor space and excellent outdoor facilities with adventure play equipment. Our aim is to provide a caring, safe and stimulating environment where children can learn through play. Activities to promote and extend the child's learning are available at every session and include paint, sand, water playdough, books, construction toys and puzzles.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Copdock and Washbrook Preschool
Who to contact
- Pheasant Rise
- IP8 3LF
- Parking available
Bus route - Ipswich / Colchester. Local bus route into the village is 100 metres from us.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- We hold a waiting list for the future if any sessions are full.
Days & times
Monday: 7.45am (9 am - 3pm Preschool Session) - 6 pm
Tuesday: 7.45 am (9 am - 3pm Preschool Session) - 6 pm
Wednesday: 7.45 am (9 am - 3pm Preschool Session) - 6 pm
Thursday: 7.45 am (9 am - 3pm Preschool Session) - 6 pm
Friday: 7.45 am (9 am - 3pm Preschool Session) - 6 pm
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - Complies with equalities legislation - works with parent and family
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We prepare a snack each day and can accommodate differing dietary needs.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - Staff have experience of inclusion, have attended workshops and SEN support training. There is an accredited Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator to support your child. Staff are trained in and use Makaton.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.50 Per hour
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Games consoles, Healthy eating, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Quiet area, Sensory garden, Slide, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- School pickups
Bentley CEVCP School (Bentley)
Hintlesham and Chattisham Church of England Primary School (Ipswich)
Copdock Primary School (Ipswich)
Tattingstone CEVC Primary School (Ipswich)
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s)
- To 4 Year(s) 10 month(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 17/02/2007 Integrated Good 25/06/2010 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 15/12/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 08/03/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We are a small and friendly village preschool situated in our own building and grounds adjacent to the village school. We have a well equipped indoor space and excellent outdoor facilities, including a mud kitchen, sensory garden and vegetable bed.
Our building is on one level and our outside area has a level hard area and gently sloped grass areas.
Our aim is to provide a caring, safe and stimulating environment where children can learn through play. The small group of experienced and qualified staff plan activities and resources to support individual children in their development.
We work in partnership with parents to build relationships with the child and family offering a graduated settling in process and have regular conversations and meetings together. As we get to know children through observations at the setting and conversations with parents our SENCO and staff will work together with families and other agencies if needed, to plan and provide the best start for your child we can.
- Jackie Wright
- 01473 731047
Copdock and Washbrook Preschool
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care