Z Mel testing new InfoLink
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Contact Position
Contact tel 12345
Contact mobile 12345
- Contact Fax 12345
- Social Media
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Contact House name
- IP1 2BX
Contact Please write any additional details about the contact
- Additional contact Name
- Additional contact Position
- Additional contact Telephone
- Additional Website
Suffolk InfoLink Listing Details
Additional contact House
Additional contact Street
Additional contact Village
Additional contact Town
Additional contact County
Where to go
- Venue Name
- IP1 5HR
- View IP1 5HR on a map
- Area served
- Haverhill, Ipswich, Hadleigh, Halesworth, Kessingland, Lakenheath, Ixworth, Kesgrave, Lowestoft, Mid Suffolk, Lavenham, East Suffolk, Leiston, Newmarket, Mildenhall, Needham Market, Beccles, Saxmundham, Brandon, Aldeburgh, Babergh, Oulton Broad, Capel St Mary, Stowmarket, Stradbroke, Clare, Southwold, Bungay, Bury St Edmunds, Elmswell, Eye, Thurston, Debenham, Sudbury, Framlingham, Wickham Market, Woodbridge, Glemsford, Felixstowe, West Suffolk
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Venue Parking
- Venue Transport
- Restrictions to access
- Venue Restrictions
Venue Please write any additional details about the venue
Days & Times
- date time
- Time of day
- Session Information
- Cost Details
- 10 pounds
- Referral required?
- Referral and availability notes
Referral and availability notes
- Age Groups
- Pre-school, Children (5-11), Adults, Young people
- Disabled Parking, Wheelchair Access, Braille Resources, Low vision resources, Stair Lift, Lift, Telephone Typewriter, Adapted Toilet, Sign Language, Audio Loop, Audio Description
- Accreditation website
- Accreditation details
- organisation accredited
- Please provide any additional information that people may need to know about your organisation.
- This may include whether you are able to cater for additional needs, or if you cater for a specific audience.
- Service users involved in planning
- School Type
- View the latest Ofsted Inspection Report
- DfE Number
- DfE number
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- 30 Hours Partner Summary
- 30 hour partner summary
- Last updated
- What is the avaerage waiting time?
- 1 year
- Other information
- Other info
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - Details
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - All
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Accessible parking, Adventure play area, Allotment, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, CCTV, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Creche available, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Forest school, Games consoles, Garden, Healthy eating, Homework support, Kitchen, MEAB accredited montessori school, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pet birds, Pet cats, Pet dogs, Pet fish, Pet reptile, Pet small mammals, Pets, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory garden, Sensory play equipment, Sensory room, Sleeping area, Slide, Soft play area, Swimming pool, Swings, TV, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Trampoline, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
How does Carousel Children’s Centre cater for children and families with special educational needs and/or disability?
Children's Centres are for families with children under five. In Suffolk we have joined up our Children’s Centre’s with our Health Visiting service, as we believe this will provide you with the best care and support. The Children's Centre teams are made up of Health Visitors, Family Support Practitioners and Support and Information officers.
At Carousel Children’s Centre, we are committed to promoting and providing high quality learning and play opportunities. We believe in valuing and respecting each individual in a welcoming, accessible and inclusive environment. The centre has an equal opportunity policy which is reviewed as a minimum yearly. We offer a range of universal and targeted support and services which are designed to meet the needs of all users.
Where possible, all our group activities are planned to meet individual children’s needs. We work within the Early Years Foundation Stage framework, and will capture evidence of your child’s progress as she/he attends the centre. Play sessions will offer activities which can be arranged on different heights including floor level and we can adapt sessions to meet individual’s needs. All our toys and equipment are suitable for children aged 0 to 5 years and we have a range of specialist resources, including sensory equipment.
We offer a range of parenting courses to help support parents in managing challenging behaviours. Please see our timetable for a full lists of groups and for more information.
How will staff support my child's needs?
Staff are on hand during our activities and can offer help and support as required. One-to-one support is available for families in the home and we will work in partnership with you and other agencies in meeting your families and child’s individual needs. Your child is at the heart of our service, and should you require additional help, we will work with you to help identify any areas of concern, ensuring your child’s wishes and feelings are at the centre of the support. We are trained to use the Common Assessment Framework to ensure that we are able to undertake a good assessment of your child’s needs, recognising and building on their strengths. Information, advice and guidance is available and we can help to signpost you to other relevant local services and support as required. These can include
The Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) which provides information, advice and support to young people and children with SEN or disabilities aged 0-25 and their parents, about education, health and social care Suffolk Early Learning Together Service Speech and Language Therapists Behavioural Support Services Specialist Services
When it is time for your child to start attending nursery or school, we can support you with the transition period as we know this can be both challenging and an emotional time. Together, we can develop a transition passport which will help ensure that there is a smooth transition for you and your child.
What arrangements are in place to ensure that Carousel Children’s Centres are accessible for children and families with special educational needs and/or disability?
Our Centres are DDA compliant and are fully accessible from all entrances and exits. The site at Carousel has a disabled parking space.
Our outdoor play areas have ramped access and consist of some concreted areas, softer outdoor flooring and artificial grass. The garden has a mixture of high and low level beds, where children can dig, plant and watch things grow. Within the centres we have accessible toilets with baby change facilities which include emergency alarms.
The furniture is entirely moveable and adaptable allowing us the flexibility of creating and moving spaces if required. Many resources and equipment are displayed at child-height, and are fully accessible, allowing children to make independent choices about their play.
What training or experience do the staff supporting children and young people with SEND have?
The centre is an inclusive setting with staff experienced and trained in early years care and education. Staff Training undertaken includes
ECAT – Every Child a Talker WelComm – staff are trained to undertake WelComm (Speech & Language) assessments and support parents in helping their child’s language development EYFS Understanding Your Childs Behaviour – Solihull Approach for Parents Webster Stratton - Incredible Years Mellow Parenting HENRY – Childhood Obesity Building Baby Brains
Who can I contact for further information?
Maria Stephens-Row – Health & Children’s Centre Manager
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
Sign in to write a review
Great service - TEST REVIEW Rated 5 out of 5
Great service - TEST REVIEW
This review helped 1 out of 1 people.
Review submitted on 19/05/2022