Kooth Is a free online counselling and emotional wellbeing support service providing young people aged 11-25 years (this service has been extended to 19-25 year olds due to Covid19), with a safe and secure means of accessing support from a professional team of qualified counsellors.
Kooth offers young people throughout Suffolk, a safe, secure and anonymous place where they can seek support online. They can:
- Book virtual drop-ins and chat sessions with experienced counsellors
- Seek support or advice on any topic, from coping with exam stress or bullying, help with an eating disorder, dealing with suicidal thoughts or handling sexual abuse.
- Browse through a wide range of self-help materials
- Share their experience through live moderated forums
- Track their thoughts and feeling through journals and goal trackers
There are no thresholds or waiting lists, they simply register on the Kooth website to start receiving help and young people can access the service 365 days a year, from 12 noon until 10 pm weekdays, and 6pm until 10pm weekends.
Young people can use the service to seek support or advice on any topic they wish, from coping with exam stress or bullying, seeking help for an eating disorder, dealing with suicidal thoughts or handling sexual abuse. There are no thresholds or barriers for young people on receiving help from Kooth.
Parents and professionals can book on to a Kooth information webinar to find out more about how Kooth supports young people's emotional wellbeing, for details contact email@example.com