My name is Tara and I am a mother of a teenager. I am Ofsted registered and a member of the NCMA Association and a member of ABC Group. I also offer a home from home service and believe in working alongside working parents to help with flexible working hours. The children will attend toddler groups weekly as well as meeting up with other childminding children. We go on many outings to parks, the fire station, police, ambulance visits and children's centre etc... Within our group we try to do many activities We do mini sports day and for the children. At Christmas we hold an under 5's party. As a group we try to celebrate lots of multicultural celebrations, this helps the children have a better understanding of the world around them. I have a non-smoking policy within the household. I have an enclosed back garden with many toys to play with, including: a playhouse, bikes, slide, climing frame and mini trampoline. We have lots of inside toys which we change around weekly to help stop boredom... and lots of multicultural toys, puzzles and a television and DVD player. I live near lots of play parks which we use often and the local bus service runs nearby to my house. References can be requested and seen on visit. I like to try and do taster sessions so that the parents and child are more relaxed with the setting. I provide a text service to keep parents informed of their child's day if wanted. I also have two small dog's called Tinkerbell and Rodney. I have a stairgate on the kitchen so the dogs can go in there for a rest away from the children. For children under 4 years of age I keep a diary book for parents to see what their child has been up to throughout the day. For example, who they have been playing with, if they have eaten well and anything else you may need to know. I create and hand out certificates for potty training. I have found in the past these really help children along with their new goal and they go home very proud of what big children they are becoming. I am also starting to do road safety certificates for the children.
Who to contact
- Venue Notes
Close to bus stop.
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
- Parking available
- Parking details
Close to bus stop.
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Maximum places
- Other information
- Tara currently has 1 full time space available and 1 space on a Monday, Tuesday and Thursday for 0-5 years.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 07:45 - 18:00
- Further information
- I am very flexible with regards to available hours. From September 2012 I offer before and after school care.
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - I am willing to cater for any special dietary needs and would work in conjunction with parents to ensure that children's requirements are met.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - I have previous experience of caring for children with a disability. I am also willing to learn more in order to help in anyway.
- * A 20p reduction per hour. Please contact provider for details of eligibility. * I accept weekly/monthly payments and also accept Childcare Vouchers.
- Computer, Equipment for all ages, Out-door play, Pet dogs, Sleeping area, Slide, TV - DVD
- School pickups
- Sebert Wood Primary School (Bury St Edmunds)
- Further information about pick-ups
- New Moreton Hall Pre-school, also known as Sebert Wood Pre-school and Nursery. I take middle school children, but they would need to make their own way to me.
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 1 month(s)
- To 14 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- Age Groups
- Pre-school, Children (5-11), Young people
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 19/06/2006 Childcare Inspection Good 10/06/2009 EYR Inspection Good 18/06/2015 EYR Inspection Good 10/10/2017 EYR Inspection Inadequate 25/01/2018 EYR Re-Inspection Good
- Child care