Brandon Family Hub- Brandon
A Family Hub is somewhere families, parents, carers, young people can get support.
Our Family Hub model includes:
- Buildings - these are local support centres for all families, young people, parents and carers to access. They are a place to get help, information, advice, guidance, and support that might otherwise be too hard to find.
- Outreach - Family Hubs will deliver health and family support services in the community, bringing services to families in their community.
- Services and Support - which all families can access. Staff working in our Family Hubs will work hard to ensure families receiving the right support, at the right time, to help them thrive.
- A place to meet a variety of Practitioners to get a wide range of advice and support. Staff working in our Family Hubs will work in partnership with families and other community providers to ensure the right services are available for families to access.
On here you will find the timetables of the 0-5 activities and services available. We are working with the community and families to develop our 5-19 offer. Until then, information, advice, and guidance is available for all families at any family hub across Suffolk.
To access any Health & Children's Centre service, please follow www.suffolk.gov.uk/healthvisiting or call 0345 607 8866
Who to contact
- Brandon Family Hub
01842 816 111 OR Suffolk Family Information Service on 0345 60 800 33
Where to go
- Brandon Family Hub
- IP27 0BQ
- View IP27 0BQ on a map
- Area served
- Parking available
- Parking details
- However, it is subject to availablility, as it becomes very busy during times that coinside with the school runs
- Restrictions to access
- All access points are wheelchair accessable. However, some of the fire escapes have a single step down.
Days & Times
- Open Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9am - 5pm
- Cost Details
- Our services are free.
- Age Groups
- Pre-school, Adults
- Disabled Parking, Wheelchair Access
- Accreditation details
Family Hubs are places where children under 5 years old and their families can receive seamless holistic integrated services and information, and where they can access help from multi-disciplinary teams of professionals.
The services we offer include: Early learning and information on childcare. Effective links with Jobcentre Plus. Child and family health services. Support for children and parents with special needs. Family support and parental outreach services. Every week there are play opportunities, stories etc. The sessions are free and all parents/carers are welcome to attend. For details of all activities please contact us or pop into the centre for a timetable.
- Service users involved in planning
- View the latest Ofsted Inspection Report
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Family Hubs are for families with children 0-19 years (25 years for those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities). In Suffolk we have joined up our Children’s Centre’s with the Health Visiting service, as we believe this will provide you with the best care and support. The Hub teams are made up of Health Visitors, Healthy Child Practitioners and Health & Children's Centre Advisors.
We are committed to promoting and providing high quality learning and play opportunities. We believe in valuing and respecting each individual in a welcoming, accessible and inclusive environment. We offer a range of universal and targeted support and services which are designed to meet the needs of all users.
We offer a range of parenting courses to help support parents in managing challenging behaviours. Please see www.suffolk.gov.uk/parenting for further details.
How will staff support my child's needs?
One-to-one support is available for families in the home and we will work in partnership with you and other agencies in meeting your family’s and child’s individual needs. Your child is at the heart of our service, and should you require additional help, we will work with you to help identify any areas of concern, ensuring your child’s wishes and feelings are at the centre of the support. We are trained to use the Common Assessment Framework to ensure that we are able to undertake a good assessment of your child’s needs, recognising and building on their strengths.
What arrangements are in place to ensure that Brandon Family Hub is accessible for children and families with special educational needs and/or disability?
The site has disabled parking spaces outside the front entrance.
Within the Hub we have accessible toilets with baby change facilities which include emergency alarms and all internal doors are wider to allow easy access.
What training or experience do the staff supporting children and young people with SEND have?
The hub is an inclusive setting with staff experienced and trained in early years care and education. We run a group called "Little Stars", which is specifically for parents and their children who have special educational needs or disabilities. We also hold regular parent advice drop-in sessions by SENDIASS (please see dates and further information in "Additional Images".
Staff Training undertaken includes:
- Autism Awareness and supporting families.
- WellComm – staff are trained to undertake WellComm (Speech & Language) assessments and support parents in helping their child’s language development.
- Signs of Safety
- Solihull Parenting
- Incredible years 0-5
- Triple P Parenting
- Inclusion and Diversity Awareness
Who can I contact for further information?
Healthy Child Practice Manager
- Contact Sam Whiteman - Healthy Child Practice Manager
- Telephone 01842 816111
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Links Suffolk SEND Local Offer
- Conditions Supported Autistic spectrum conditions
- Sam Whiteman
- 01842 816111
More like this
Sign in to write a review