Beyond the Wall
Beyond The Wall provides work and learning for people with learning disabilities, autism and mental health difficulties, in a friendly and supportive environment. Set in a beautiful 2 acre Victorian walled garden on the Thornham estate near Eye, we also have access to acres of woodland for exercise and nature study.
Our mission is to help people with additional needs to live the healthy and fulfilling life they want to lead, through…..
Nature – daily contact with the garden and or the surrounding woodlands
Health – encouraging healthy choices for people and the planet
Community – being part of the community, and the community feeling part of the garden
Gardening – learning horticulture as a life skill/work skill and helping maintain the garden for visitors to enjoy
Independence – doing things for yourself, proactively asking for help when needed and making informed choices.
We offer a range of different activities including;
Horticulture, Food Skills, Work Preparation, Life Skills, Personal and Social Development, Yoga and Health Walks, Leisure and Recreation.
Who to contact
- Lisa Dennis
- Lead Support Worker
Where to go
- Beyond the Wall
The Walled Garden
- IP23 8HA
- View IP23 8HA on a map
- Area served
- Elmswell, Eye, Mid Suffolk, Thurston, Ipswich, Debenham, Stowmarket, West Suffolk, Ixworth, Needham Market, Bury St Edmunds
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Plenty of parking space available.
- Restrictions to access
- Access is down a single track - please keep the 10mph limit and use the passing places provided
We are near the Norfolk border and 3 miles from Eye. Our BTW Members come from a wide area of Suffolk and Norfolk, serving towns such as Diss, Bury St Edmunds, Stowmarket and Norwich.
Days & Times
- Monday to Fridays
- Time of day
- Session Information
Sessions run from 9.15 am to 3pm Monday to Friday, (except Tuesdays which are 9.45 am to 3.30pm) Open year round except Bank Holidays, closed for 1 week at Christmas and Staff Training Days
Day sessions and half-day sessions (on request) available
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £48/£54/£67.50 Per session
- Cost Details
- Daily session rate ranges from £48 to £67.50. Free trial day offered. BTW staff will assess level of support required by the member (e.g. personal care, 1 to 1 support with gardening tools etc) and the daily rate will then be quoted. Term-time only , college holidays only, and half-day options may also be available - please ask for more information.
- Referral required?
- Referral and availability notes
Referrals from Social Workers, GP's and other professionals or organisations are welcomed. Members can also self-refer, or be referred by a family member or carer.
- Age Groups
- 16-25 years, Adults, Young people
- Wheelchair Access, Adapted Toilet
- Service users involved in planning
Service users are regularly consulted about their service, included in decisions and have regular Achievement Reviews with one member of staff who is their 'Key-Worker' for the duration of their placement.
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Staff and volunteers are highly trained and supported in order to provide an exceptional service. All staff and volunteers are training in safeguarding vulnerable adults, learning disabilities and mental health.
- Karen Bleay
- 01379 788700
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review