YouCanBe - Ormiston Families
YouCanBe is an innovative early intervention wellbeing service we offer to women aged 15+ who, due to adverse childhood experiences, struggle to see how they can create brighter futures for themselves.
Often these young women have complex needs and behaviours. Some are in care, or are care leavers. Some have drug or alcohol misuse problems or other mental health issues. Some have learning difficulties. Others are experiencing domestic abuse, not employed in education or training (NEET) or making poor contraceptive and relationship choices.
Whatever their story, YouCanBe inspires these young women to build self-esteem and resilience. This reduces many of the risks associated with their adverse childhood experiences.
- One-to-one, intensive, long-term, bespoke, client-led support
- Support and advice around appropriate contraception
- Relationship and sex education – either one-to-one or in a group setting
- Advice on building positive, persistent, reliable and boundaried relationships
- Support to build self-esteem and self-awareness, which will allow the young women to increase their capacity to think critically and make measured decisions for themselves
- Support to access targeted services, such as counselling or mentoring
- Support to address practical needs such as education, housing or health
The service is available in Ipswich, Lowestoft and Suffolk Coastal
Who to contact
Where to go
- Area served
- Lowestoft, Ipswich, East Suffolk
More like this
Sign in to write a review