The club currently runs 6 Mens teams and 3 Ladies teams in the Saturday Senior Hockey Leagues (East and Suffolk levels). For 2016/17 we are seeking applications to join for both mens and ladies hockey. Also M/F juniors (6 - 14 years) for the Sunday morning training and competitive Junior hockey programme from 4th September 2016. Qualified Coaches and Umpires, looking for a change of club, are very welcome to join.
Ipswich-East Suffolk Hockey Club (IESHC), Ipswich
Who to contact
- Dr Chris Hatch
- Club Facillities Manager and Liaison Officer
Phone: 01473 642507 (Mon-Fri 2pm-6.30pm) Alternatively, please use the enquiry service on the club’s web site under the ‘Get Involved’ link on the Home Page and phone the above number if no response has been received within 3 working days.
Contact may also be made by means of leaving a message with the office of the club's headquarters at Ipswich School Sports Centre IP5 1DE. Tel 01473 642507. Please state name, specific enquiry and phone number (ideally with a good time to make contact).
Where to go
- Ipswich-East Suffolk Hockey Club (IESHC), Ipswich
Ipswich School Sports Centre
Rushmere St Andrew
- IP5 1DE
- Area served
- Suffolk Coastal, Ipswich, East Ipswich, Suffolk, North Ipswich, Kesgrave
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking details
- There is usually adequate free parking available
- The 66 bus is the nearest regular public transport facility available. On leaving the bus at the Bent Lane stop, it is about a 600 yards walk to the venue.
- Restrictions to access
- The minimum officially-stipulated age for participation in adult competitive hockey is 13 years. There are junior competitive competitions for the 8 - 13 years agegroups
The hockey club operates in parternership with Ipswich School at the venue. We have 3 full size astroturf pitches, including 2 with floodlights. Also an indoor sports hall in which regular Indoor Hockey is played on Monday evenings during the winter months. The venue clubhouse includes changing rooms and a bar with food provision facilities.
Days & Times
- Training: Wednesdays, 7-9pm Senior Mens and Ladies training, Sep 2016 - March 2017 League Matches: Saturdays, 10am–5pm; may be home or away, Sep 2016 – April 2017 Indoor Matches, Mondays, 7-10pm; Summer League, Senior Mens and Ladies matches on various Monday – Thursday evenings from May – July 2017. Any changes of arrangements are posted on the Club's web site.
- Cost Details
- Senior Subscriptions 2016-17 are £100. Juniors on both the Saturday and Sunday programmes, £50. There are also match fees to pay for each game. Please refer to the Club Web site for the details of the playing costs. Playing members are required to purchase their own kit, such as hockey sticks, astroturf shoes and hockey protection items. Optional items such as official club tracksuits and leisure wear are also available for personal purchase. The
- Age Groups
- Children (5-11), Adults, Young people
- Adapted Toilet
- Accreditation website
- Accreditation details
- The club is affiliated to The Suffolk Hockey Association, East Region Hockey Association and England Hockey. The club is working towards attaining the ‘Clubs 1st ‘ quality management accreditation.
The club welcomes applications from men and women players of all ages and abilities and is a combined men's and ladies' organisation managed by a single committee. All official outdoor hockey (matches and training) is played on astroturf pitches, with Home matches & training at Ipswich School Sports Centre, IP5 1DE. Indoor hockey is played in the sports hall at the same venue. The club seeks applications from new men and women players to sustain the current 9 league teams during 2016/17, or indeed, to expand in these activities. Participation costs (which are subject to review) and a lot of other club information is available from the web site (subject to review). The minimum age for participation in adult competitive hockey is 13 years (as stipulated by England Hockey, the National Governing Body). There are various junior competitive competitions for the 8 - 13 years agegroups. Junior training is mainly conducted at the venue on Sundays from 9.30am-12.00noon.
All participants in club activities of all ages must recognise that they are taking part in a physical sport with a small but tangible risk of injury (minor or significant). As such all participants must accept that they are participating at their own risk.
- Last Updated