We have been providing excellent childcare for the past twenty years ensuring that children are in a safe, nurturing and irresistible learning environment. We have a personal approach to working with children & families which reflects equality & inclusion. We provide a rich & stimulating learning environment that builds a desire to explore & be challenged grounded in a child centred curriculum. Situated in the grounds of Broke Hall School we are able to work in close partnership with the nursery school & facilitate a smooth transition from Heathland's preschool to Reception. We are very proud of our 'outstanding' assessment by Ofsted received consecutively in November 2014 and April 2018. We offer the highest standards of childcare and opportunities for learning through play.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Heathlands Community Pre-School and Out-Of-School Club
Who to contact
- Marie Whiting
- Setting Lead
Rushmere St Andrew
- IP4 5XD
- Social Media
Like us on Facebook
- Charity Commissioning Number
- Chatsworth Drive
Rushmere St. Andrew
- IP4 5XD
- Parking available
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Heathlands Community Pre-school currently has spaces every afternoon. Please contact the pre-school for up-to-date details.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 08:45 Preschool - 15:15
Monday to Friday: 07.30 Breakfast Club - 08.40
Monday to Friday: 15:15 After School Club - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We cater for all diets including vegetarian, nut allergies and milk intolerance.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator available.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £3.00 Lunch Club - Per day £15.00 3 years plus - Per session £15.50 2 years - Per session £9.50 After School Session until 5pm £12.50 After School Session until 6pm £6 Breakfast club - Per day
- Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Games consoles, Garden, Healthy eating, Homework support, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory garden, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- School pickups
- Broke Hall CP School (Ipswich)
- Further information about pick-ups
- We can pick up children who attend Broke Hall Nursery and bring over for lunch and afternoon session at Heathlands. After morning session and lunch children can be taken to Broke Hall Nursery.We offer a walking bus drop off for our Breakfast club and collection for our after school club
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s)
- To 11 Year(s)
We were judged as 'an OUTSTANDING SETTING' in all categories in November 2014 & again in April 2018.
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 22/01/2008 Integrated Inadequate 1 09/12/2008 Inspection (Early Years Register) Satisfactory 21/11/2014 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 18/04/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We have a setting SENCO & Deputy SENCO as well as a qualified ELKLAN speech & language practitioner.
All staff are trained to support the SENCO officers with a sound knowledge & experience of close partnership working with parents, autism & ADHD awareness, Makaton stages 1-8, communicating with children with disabilities, visual support aids & transition planning. We have a close link with Autism & ADHD charity in Ipswich who offer our team of staff & parents and families support. Our environment reflects inclusion , we have ramp access at the front and rear of the building & our inside & outside environment enables all children to be independent & access provision & resources freely. At Heathland's we pride ourselves on working closely with families & other professionals to ensure we meet the needs of all our children. Our staff team have specialist training in developmental movement play (DMP) & continue to work closely with the founder of the National charity Jabadao.
- Monika Whitaker
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care