Kingsfield is a fully inclusive PRU situated across 3 provisions. Students are referred from mainstream schools and other educational establishments and places allocated by the Local Authority. We endeavour to work with all students placed with us, whatever their difficulties.
Our Offer: to raise the attainment of all our pupils to enable them to make accelerated progress whatever their starting point. In order to achieve this we aim to work collaboratively with our students, their parents and other agencies to personalise the learning for each individual.
This is available to all students
For those with additional needs
For those who need specialist support
· Baseline assessments on entry to include Reading, Spelling, Handwriting, English, Maths, Science as well as Emotional Understanding, Attitude to Self and School etc.
· Liaison with previous school/placement to establish chronology
· Small group teaching with Teacher and Support Staff with pupils throughout the day
· Variety of teaching styles, resources and differentiation in recognition of different ways students learn
· PSHE underpins all our work
· Personalised learning programme.
· Clear progression pathway to support Post 16
· Curriculum offer to support learning and achievement throughout Key Stages.
· KS4 – up to 6 GCSE courses.
· Activities to promote teamwork and co-operation within the curriculum.
· Progression targets set and discussed with pupils regularly
· Progress monitored and tracked across all subjects
· Liaise with parents/carers
· Share information with next placement.
· Further advice sought to identify needs
e.g Educational Psychologist
· Extra support in class.
· Strategies discussed with students and implemented in class
· 1:1 or small group additional support as identified.
· KS4 - If GCSE pathway considered unsuitable Functional Skills courses offered
· Liaise with parents carers to support needs identified
· For those with Statement of Special Educational Needs or Education, Health and Care Plan the SENCO will ensure that relevant support is put in place.
· Work with other identified agencies to ensure all support available offered to student.
· KS4 – other courses identified including college courses
· Liaise with parents/carers to ensure needs met.