The Gallery Players was formed in 1985 by Pat Taplin to produce rarely performed plays and musicals that larger companies would find uneconomic or which only use a few actors. The company quickly established a reputation for quality and excellence. The Groups aims are broadly speaking:
- To exploit a niche for staging productions that are progressive and exciting in both content and execution.
- To embrace both new and established works
- To act as vehicle for engaging new talent as well as established members
- To foster a group of actors and technicians that are truly a community
- To foster links with schools and colleges
We generally stage three productions a year, a mixture of plays and musicals.