Bawdsey Radar tells the story of how operational radar was developed, in top secret, at Bawdsey. Radar went on to help win the Battle of Britain.
Bawdsey Radar Transmitter Block
Who to contact
Where to go
- Bawdsey Radar Museum
- IP12 3BA
- Area served
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Yes, free parking next to the Transmitter Block
- By car from A12 - follow the B1083 from Woodbridge and Melton. The Transmitter Block is 1 mile past Bawdsey village on the left. NB no access via Bawdsey Manor.
- Restrictions to access
Bawdsey Radar Block is open Thursdays and Sundays 11-4pm April, May, June and October. During July, August and September we open Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 11am to 4pm.
See website for more information on admission fees and planning a visit.
Days & Times
- The museum is open Thursdays and Sundays 11am to 4pm April, May, June and October 2019 plus Bank Holiday Mondays, then Weds, Thursdays and Sundays 11-4pm in July, August and Sept 2019
- Time of day
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £7.00 adults Per session £6.50 concessions Per session £1.00 young people 5-18 years old Per session Free for under fives Per session
- Referral required?
- Age Groups
- 16-25 years, Children (5-11), Adults, Young people
- Disabled Parking, Wheelchair Access, Adapted Toilet
- Accreditation website
- Last Updated
- Local history