We do not stick dogmatically to any one philosophy of nursery education. We aim to include the best of each, in a common sense approach, making the nursery a happy, stress-free place which helps to build self-confidence in every child. Our curriculum is based on good childcare practice and is underpinned by the Governments Early Years Foundation Stage. Children's play fosters imagination and creativity, a sense of self and understanding of others, as well as a wide range of physical development. We aim to achieve a sensible balance between 'free and structured' play and we offer a wide range of supervised activities designed to encourage language, mathmatics, confidence and independence.
Bright Horizons Great Cornard Day Nursery and Preschool
Who to contact
- Jo Bullock
- Nursery Manager
- CO10 0NH
- Venue Notes
- Great Cornard Upper School
- CO10 0JU
- Parking available
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Crocus Early Years have space at most sessions.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - We celebrate a range of festivals throughout the year ensuring we cater for all different cultures. We do a weekly cookery club where the children will help to cook various meals from around the world.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - All dietary requirements are catered for inluding allergies and religious beliefs.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - We have wider door frames to allow wheelchair access. 3 Staff are trainer in SEND and many other have done a variety of training courses such as multi sensory play and autism awareness. We regularly send staff on training to ensure we are up to date. We have a purpose build sensory room within the nursery which offer a small space for up to 5 children at a time. It is equipmt with 2 large bubble tubes that change colour, fibre ooptics and various sensory materials to explore. Staff have a sound knowledge of Autism and have support many children with autism.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Severe dietary needs
Social development impairment
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £30.68 under 3's Per Half Day £27.44 over 3's Per Half Day £51.61 under 3's Per day £44.56 over 3's Per day £8.10 Breakfast Club £12.24 After School Session (per day)
- Accessible parking, Climbing frame, Computer, Equipment for all ages, Out-door play, Playroom, Sensory room, Sleeping area
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 3 month(s)
- To 5 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 07/03/2007 Integrated Outstanding 05/10/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 22/01/2013 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We have wider door frames to allow wheelchair access. 3 Staff are trainer in SEND and many other have done a variety of training courses such as multi sensory play and autism awareness. We regularly send staff on training to ensure we are up to date. We have a purpose build sensory room within the nursery which offer a small space for up to 5 children at a time. It is equipmt with 2 large bubble tubes that change colour, fibre ooptics and various sensory materials to explore. Staff have a sound knowledge of Autism and have support many children with autism. Some Staff have been trained to support and use PECS (picture exchange communication). We believe in including everyone and will adapt what we can to make everything accessable.
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
- Child care