Our mission is to ensure that those affected by childhood leg conditions are fully informed and supported, from diagnosis to treatment; and that there is widespread understanding of childhood leg conditions and of the challenges facing those affected by them. Steps offers confidential advice and support to people affected by hip dysplasia, talipes / clubfoot, Fibular Hemimelia, Tibial Hemimelia, PFFD, Perthes, SCFE/ SUFE and other rare childhood lower limb conditions that have an impact on walking.
We support people through:
- practical and emotional support through our Steps Helpline and digital presence
- award-winning booklets, films and online resources
- Family Contact Service and online community
- giving financial support to purchase specialist car seats for children
- working with the NHS, to encourage best practice