I have been a registered childminder at my family home for over 20 years, ever since my children were young. I have three older children, but only one that still lives at home, as well as the family dog who has grown up with children. I believe a routine is very important and when you bring your child i will try and incorporate their daily routine into my own, as i take children to and from school and the nurseries in the village. I have a password system, which i will ask you to provide, which will be required should anyone collect your child other than the person who normally picks them up. I do provide meals at no extra cost, but for babies all i ask you to bring is food, nappies, wipes and milk. I follow the EYFS framework, which i believe is very satisfying to watch the children grow and develop and this is documented within their personal "learning journey". I am a great believer at working together and so i feel that communication between myself and parents is very important, as a result i provide a diary if desired where i would include a summary of the child's day. I provide a range of activities for the children, both indoor and outdoor and base these on not only the age of the children, but their personal preferences. We also have outings to soft play areas, the local park and the library with no extra cost. Within the play room at my home, all toys are easily accessible which enables the children to freely choose what it is they play with and i base a lot of their development and learning through play.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Who to contact
- Vanessa Surry
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- I currently have one baby slot available, as well as two spaces for children aged over a year.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 07:00 - 17:00
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.00 per hour (After Sch) £4.00 per hour (Before Sch) £4.00 Per hour
- The above costs are open to negotiation based on the amount of hours that are required.
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Close to parks, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pets, Playroom, Sleeping area, Slide, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Village walks
- School pickups
- Lakenheath CP School (Brandon)
- Further information about pick-ups
- I am able to pick-up and drop off at pre-schools and nurseries in the surrounding area, plus Lakenheath Primary School.
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s)
- To 11 Year(s)
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 25/07/2006 Care Good 02/09/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 17/06/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Met 15/11/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement
- Child care