Tara Buggs - Tinker Tots at The School House
I have been a childminder since 2009, I currently offer both Funding for 15 and 30 hours. I live with my two daughters who are 15 and 13, they love my job and are wonderful with the children. Helping and playing with the mindees, my house is always full of laughter and love and all children are provided with an environment to learn and thrive.
I have my paediatric first aid, food hygiene and safeguarding certificates. I also have qualifications in Childrens and Young Peoples workforce (NVQ LEVEL 3), a Foundation Degree in Children's Care , Learning and Development, BA (Hons) 2:1 in Early Learning and a Post Graduate Certificate in Childhood and Youth Studies.
I live in a quiet cul de sac, with my daughters and dogs, cats and guinea pigs.
I work from a log cabin in the garden which has an covered outside area for the children to play on a purpose built decking area. I am currently working towards my accreditation in The Curiosity Approach.
Who to contact
- Tara Buggs
- IP3 9LH
- Social Media
Find us on Facebook
- Parking available
- Parking details
Yes-bus routes on Nacton and Landseer Roads
I work from a log cabin in my garden.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Spaces available with immediate start. Please contact me for details.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 07:00 - 18:30
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - Multi-cultural toys, bi-lingual books and resources.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - I can cater for all dietary needs.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - For children who need additional support, I will ask relevant support groups for help and guidance
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.50 for under 5's Per hour £5.00 for over 5's Per hour
- * Fees include all snacks. * Before and after school care is £5.00 p/hour with a minimum hours per day of 1.5 hours. * I am willing to discuss discounts for siblings. Food is additional
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Close to parks, Computer, Equipment for all ages, Games consoles, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pet cats, Pet dogs, Pet small mammals, Pets, Playroom, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, Swings, TV, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch
- School pickups
- Murrayfield Primary Academy (Ipswich)
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s)
- To 14 Year(s)
- Age Groups
- Pre-school, Children (5-11), Young people
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 10/08/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 15/07/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 04/02/2020 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
I am Ofsted registered childminder and I follow the EYFS and I aim to provide a fully inclusive environment for ALL children and families. I also am required to comply with the Equality Act (2010) and the SEND code of practice. I have an updated copy in the setting and it is available to all parents and careers.
I will ensure the children in my setting with medical conditions get the required assistance to meet their needs and to keep them healthy. I embrace and value childrens individuality and help to achieve the best in life.
The following procedures are in place when caring for all children
I work with parents and carers to listen to their views so as to build on children's routines at home, their likes and dislikes, family cultures and religions, previous experiences, knowledge, understanding skills and provide opportunities to develop in
Personal, social and emotional development
Communication and language
Understanding the world
Expressive arts and design
I am able to adapt activities to enable all children to take part by providing a wide range of resources and activities which reflect the diversity of the local area. My aim is to support each child to enable them to achieve the very best they can and become confident and independent to the best of the child she abilities.
I carry out observations daily and regularly monitor and plan to help children achieve their next steps. I use an online learning system to monitor the children's learning and development which parents are able to read and contribute to.
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review