We are a family run nursery and have been open for 30 years and we are set in the countryside. We pride ourselves on our low turnover of staff enabling both staff and children to build long term relationships. Our staff expectations are high and all of our staff are qualified and their training is updated regularly. We are Ofsted registered and have a large grassed outside play area. We offer a wide range of fun, stimulating and educational activities.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Greenhays Nursery School Ltd
Who to contact
- Greenhays Nursery School
Bury St. Edmunds
- IP28 8LD
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- We have a large parking area in front of our building.
- Restrictions to access
- Parking is only available for customers of Greenhays Nursery School.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Other information
- Please call for availability
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 07:30 - 17:30
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - Wherever possible we will cater to suit the needs of a child's culture.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - Wherever possible we will cater for individual dietary needs.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - Staff have completed courses in Challenging Behaviour, Speech & Language Disorders & Autism. We have a special educational needs co-ordinator.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £44.00 2 years plus - Per day £55.00 Birth to 1yr - Per day £6.25 Over 2 years - Per hour £6.55 Under 2 years - Per hour 2 years plus - £20.75 Morning Session 2 years plus - £19.95 Afternoon Session Under two - £21.65 Morning Session Under two - £20.85 Afternoon Session
- Morning and afternoon sessions are three hours each. Morning sessions include dinner, afternoon sessons include tea. There is an 8% discount for siblings who are full time.
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, CCTV, Climbing frame, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pet fish, Pets, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory garden, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, Soft play area, Swings, Trampoline, Village walks
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- To 5 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 30/01/2006 Integrated Good 18/05/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 13/02/2013 Inspection (Early Years Register) Satisfactory 13/11/2013 Inspection (Early Years Register) Satisfactory 02/06/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 27/06/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Staff members have SENCO training as well as hearing aid knowledge and training. We also have experience with Down Syndrome. Most staff have Makaton training level 1 and 2 along with some training with hyper mobility and knowledge of cleft palate and hare lip.
- Sarah Prentice
- 01638 750658
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care