ABC Childcare (Ipswich) Ltd (OSC)
Out of School Care
Freetime is an Ofsted registered charity, operating in Ipswich.
Our aim is to provide a safe, secure and fun environment for children beyond normal school hours. We will help each child gain confidence and independence.
* Individual care and attention made possible by a high ratio of adults to children
* Warm and Friendly environment
* Regular feedback to you on your child’s progress
Who to contact
- IP3 8LR
- View IP3 8LR on a map
- Parking available
- Parking details
We are on a main bus route.
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- There are immediate spaces available in our breakfast club. Space is limited within our after school club. Please contact us directly to confirm availability.
Days & times
Monday to Friday PM: 15:20 - 18:00
Monday to Friday AM: 08:00 - 08:45
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - This setting complies with all equalities legislation.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - Dietary needs are considered when planning snack menu.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - All children are welcome.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £10.00 After School Session until 6pm £3.70 Before School Session (per day)
- Computer, Equipment for all ages, Out-door play, Playroom, Slide, TV - DVD
- School pickups
- Britannia Primary School and Nursery (Ipswich)
- Further information about pick-ups
- For after school club, we have two designated meeting points within the school. The children are escorted from the school to our premises.For breakfast club the children are escorted by a member of our staff and a school staff member. The younger children are taken directly into school. The older children are handed over to their class teachers.
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 4 Year(s)
- To 11 Year(s)
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 30/06/2006 Integrated Good 24/04/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 21/10/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 29/06/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement 13/06/2019 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We provide an environment where all children including those with additional needs can enjoy there free time. The building was constructed in 2007 and complies with all the regulation required. This includes an accessible toilet and changing area if required.
We comply with the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice and our two qualified Level 4 Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators ensure that both premises and staff are aware of any changes. They regularly meet with staff to ensure that the club is providing and meeting the needs of the children.
The staff have also had additional training in ASD & ADHD, Makaton, Positive approach to Behaviour
More like this
Sign in to write a review
Ofsted Inspector 2019 Rated 4 out of 5
Staff have high expectations of children's achievements. They skilfully know when to allow children to try things for themselves and when to step in to offer support and guidance. All children are keen to join in with the enjoyable and challenging activities. Children are supported well to develop a growing awareness of how to keep themselves healthy and manage reasonable risks. Staff provide them with rich opportunities to gain practical skills. Staff take time to find out about childen's specific needs and often draw on the expertise of parents and outside professionals. In particular, this helps them to offer carefully tailored support to meet the needs of children with special educational needs and / or disabilities.
Review submitted on 30/01/2020