Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is a condition of the central nervous system. It is most common disabling neurological disease among young adults and affects around 100,000 people in the UK.
The South Central and East Suffolk Branch of the MS Society serves an area which includes Stowmarket, Ipswich, Hadleigh, Felixstowe, Woodbridge and Eye and provides a range of support, assistance & social activities and a point of contact for services in the area.
We provide 3 different styles of support and social meetings per month:
- Friday Club - 2nd Friday each month, St Raphael Hall, Ipswich, IP1 6DA, 2pm, a range of varied activities and entertainment. With refreshments
- Weekend social events - 3rd/4th Saturday each month, in various venues around branch area, a very informal chance for people with MS & their carers, families & children to meet
- Monthly Lunch Club - 3rd Wednesday each month, St Raphael Hall, Ipswich, IP1 6DA
We also offer:
- Newsletters - Bi-monthly MS Voice Newsletter and monthly E-News (via email)
- Grants to individuals for a variety of items including equipment, home adaptations, communication aids, holidays, respite and short breaks
- Opportunities to volunteer with your local branch and to support others
- We have a vibrant online community at our Facebook page www.facebook.com/ms.southsuffolk