My name is Amanda Leeson and I have been a registered childminder since July 2003. My last OFSTED inspection was January 2011 and I was awarded an ‘Outstanding’ grade on all 14 areas of care and learning. I am fully qualified with an N.N.E.B Diploma in childcare, in 2007 I completed my Level 4 certificate in Early Years Practice and in October 2009 I completed my Foundation Degree in Early Years, I then went on to complete my BA Degree in Early Years in October 2010. I regularly update my First Aid, Food Hygiene and Safeguarding children certificates as well as participating in extra training opportunities such as positive behaviour workshops. I regularly attend the Suffolk Childminding Association annual conference and regularly attend the annual Professional Association of Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) conference. When attending these conferences I have the opportunity to participate in workshops, discussions and debates. In September 2010 I joined the ‘Every Child’s a Talker’ (ECAT) scheme and I am currently working through the process to be recognised as an ECAT setting. I aim to provide a caring and safe environment for all children to play and learn in, we enjoy craft activities such as painting, sticking and cooking. We celebrate festivals from around the world such as Chinese New year, Thanksgiving and Chanukah and the children enjoy learning about other cultures.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Who to contact
- Parking available
- I live on a bus route.
- Last updated
- Other information
- Please contact Miss Amanda Leeson for vacancy information.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 18:00
- Further information
- These times can be extended to meet parents' needs.
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - I will cater for all special diets.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £3.60 Per hour £35.00 Per day
- Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Homework support, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pet cats, Pet dogs, Pets, Sleeping area, Slide, Swings, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- School pickups
Kingsfleet Primary School (Felixstowe)
Colneis Junior School (Felixstowe)
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- To 14 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- Age Groups
- Pre-school, Children (5-11), Young people
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 23/01/2007 Care Good 17/01/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 11/11/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 14/02/2020 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
I do not currently care for any child with SEND, however I have experience with caring for children with speech difficulties. I offer care to children with SEND and would work with the parents to access appropriate information, training and resources to support each individual child in my setting.
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care